Google gadgets

Hi There,

I installed qoogle’s Qt gadgets and when i try to start it i get a message saying the program can’t start because of a missing module: “js-javascript-runtime”.
Where can I get this from?:frowning:

Thank you!
Ron

I’m installed Google-gadgets from repository Index of /repositories/home:/hfiguiere/openSUSE_11.0, and it’s working without any problem. (Install google-gadgets and google-gadgets-qt here. google-gadgets-gtk if you have Gnome desktop).
Take a look to HowToBuild - google-gadgets-for-linux - Google Code - How to build this project.
Good luck.

Please install “google-gadgets-xul” :wink:

You may have the repository: Index of /repositories/home:/suzhe/openSUSE_11.0

ref:http://vincent-sm-huang.blogspot.com/2008/11/opensusegoogle-gadgets.html

Okay,

What I first wanna try before installing anything, is getting rid of that stuff I got on my disk now. I uninstalled all the google gadget stuff with yast but when I type ggl-qt in the console i get this:

reg@desktopreg:~> ggl-qt
Not a regular file: /
Failed to load module qtwebkit-browser-element
Failed to load module gst-video-element
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files
No slot registered to handle this reply.
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "GetProperty" with signature "s" on interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Manager" doesn't exist

Failed to load module smjs-script-runtime
reg@desktopreg:~>

and the error message telling me that i don’t have the module js-scrupt-runtime appears. How can i get rid of it completely.

desktopreg:/home/reg # rpm -e google-desktop-linux
error: package google-desktop-linux is not installed

Didn’t help either :frowning:

Are you installed google-gadgets from this repository? Is it working for you? :sarcastic:

Which is the advantages of the normal Google Gadgets and this XUL version?

Has anyone managed to compile GG from source, on OS 12?

I’m referring to the source code from here:

google-gadgets-for-linux - An open-source implementation of Google Gadgets platform for Linux. - Google Project Hosting

When making, having loaded all dependencies I get an error in …/third_party/unzip/unzip.c with the libunzip library.

Please open a new thread. Reusing an old one will attract less attention.