Good bye crappy worthless OS

Hey I just wanted everyone to help me say good riddance to my old Windows 98 box…lol!

I am rocking openSUSE on all my pcs (3) except the one mac os machine.

I celebrated around a year ago, when I deleted WinXP from an older box. My Win98 box went to the recycler several years ago.

When opensuse 13.1 comes out, I will probably be deleting my last copy of WinXP, and giving the extra space to linux. But I will still have a Win7 laptop and a newish Win8 UEFI box.

Yea, I actually still need a windows OS 7 which I run in VirtualBox under openSUSE. Linux happens to be really lame at any kind of business applications so I still need windows. I guess there is not enough demand for invoice/quote/tracking type applications under linux, bummer. KDE has a new one >> Kraft >> which looks promising but I can not use it for my clients now.
Someone should look at Xin Invoicing for what is needed and then do it better, they could make some money.

98’
crumbs that was so bad

I have win 7 and 8 installs, neither of which I need or use. Just there for testing multiboot

On 06/28/2013 07:36 AM, anika200 wrote:
>
> nrickert;2567938 Wrote:
>> I celebrated around a year ago, when I deleted WinXP from an older box.
>> My Win98 box went to the recycler several years ago.
>>
>> When opensuse 13.1 comes out, I will probably be deleting my last copy
>> of WinXP, and giving the extra space to linux. But I will still have a
>> Win7 laptop and a newish Win8 UEFI box.
>
> Yea, I actually still need a windows OS 7 which I run in VirtualBox
> under openSUSE. Linux happens to be really lame at any kind of business
> applications so I still need windows. I guess there is not enough demand
> for invoice/quote/tracking type applications under linux, bummer. KDE
> has a new one >> Kraft >> which looks promising but I can not use it for
> my clients now.
> Someone should look at Xin Invoicing for what is needed and then do it
> better, they could make some money.
>
>

think about a cloud solution–there are many…

i googled

free online cloud invoicing

and found several, like this one which looks interesting
http://www.billfaster.com/

ymmv

dd

lol!I was wondering what might emerge from the shadows of an ambiguous thread title in Soapbox. :wink:

Linux developers tend to produce what interests them and most of it is free. They probably don’t do much quoting and invoicing, so it provides no interest for them. Of course the real-world developers don’t need to produce for linux, and then there are cloud-computing services.

In my case, I still use Windows for Income tax return preparation and filing. And I use the kindle software - I suppose I should buy a real kindle, but I don’t have all that much use for it.

I am mainly using Windows 8 for testing interaction between it and opensuse for booting in a UEFI environment.

As bad as 98 was, ME was worse. XP was ok. Vista was…never mind. 7 aint bad. My cheif complaint with 8 is that it looks like they designed it for a touch screen device. It’s fine if you have a touch screen, but on devices like laptops and desktops, it’s cumbersome and gets in the way.