I installed openSUSE 13.1 with GNOME on a test PC I had, and I indeed came with a couple of issues, as warned before…
- Opening Nautilus as root using Alt+F2 and typing “gnomesu nautilus” doesn’t work anymore, does nothing.
- Installed multimedia codecs using mr Caf’s guide (I installed opus-tools before anything to avoid surprises). Every video I have runs like slow motion, even flash player videos on Youtube!
- Application menu takes like 40 seconds to open!
- Same issue as 12.3 with GNOME, when opening gedit as root using Alt+F2 and gnomesu, let’s say to create a udev rule, if I open application menu while gedit still open, entire GUI crash. I have to go to console with Ctrl+Alt+F1, kill processes and reboot.
- I got a similar entire system crash like I had in the past, except that I was testing some videos.
And who knows what other issues it may have. Clean-installed again, but this time with KDE. The issues were not found here indeed.
Is it just me or GNOME is really not fixing pendant issues? And even it’s probably just getting heavier… Or could it be some integration failure of its own with openSUSE?