Gnome Factory: python-coherence and shutdown problems

I have recently upgraded my openSUSE 11.1 installation to GNOME 2.26 from the GNOME Factory service builds, and I am getting this error from the package manager. It claims that

Installation of package ./i586/python-coherence-0.6.4.2.1.i586.rpm failed.

Show details:

Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Coherence-0.6.4-py2.6.egg-info: cpio: rename failed - Is a directory

Packages which call for this package as a dependency still seem to install and work ok, but the only repository I am seeing that provides python-coherence is the Gnome factory. What to do?

I am also having one other problem: When I try to shut down or restart the machine, I am told that “System policy prevents stopping the when other users are logged in” [sic], and I have to enter the root password. How can I fix this?

Thanks again to everybody!
adpads

An answer to my own question, for anyone else facing these issues:

Here are two discussions of the shutdown policy issue, with several patches and solutions:
Arch Linux forums upstream GNOME bug report
I tried a few of these; the one which ultimately worked for me was to edit /usr/share/PolicyKit/policy/ConsoleKit.policy, and change the values for “system.stop-multiple-users” and “system.restart-multiple-users” from “auth_admin” to “yes”. If anyone has a more advanced solution, it’s welcome…

As to python-coherence, I am still getting the following error:

Installation of python-coherence-0.6.4-2.1 failed:
(with --nodeps --force) Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Coherence-0.6.4-py2.6.egg-info: cpio: rename failed - Is a directory

anyone?

Thanks
adpads