Global Sound Level Issue

I have installed openSUSE 11.4 KDE on my SONY VAIO and everything works fine except for the sound setting.
No matter if the system sound level is set to 100%, 50% or 0% it doesn’t change the actual volume. It is always the same.
Could this be some kind of a driver issue?

I am rather a new to both Linux and openSUSE so I don’t know how to go about this one.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

isamu715 I have installed openSUSE 11.4 KDE on my SONY VAIO and everything works fine except for the sound setting.
No matter if the system sound level is set to 100%, 50% or 0% it doesn’t change the actual volume. It is always the same.
Could this be some kind of a driver issue?

I am rather a new to both Linux and openSUSE so I don’t know how to go about this one.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As a KDE user I recommend you make a visit to: menu / Personnel Settings / Hardware Group / Multimedia / Phonon (Left Column) / Speaker Setup Tab / Hardware - Sound card & Output - Sound Output is selected correctly. Next, right click on the Volume Control in the Icon Tray and select Master Channel. Under the heading of Playback Devices, make sure your sound card is selected. Finally, there is another tool that can be helpful which is the PulseAudio Volume Control, filename is pavucontrol. This is installed by default with GNOME, but can be helpful with KDE as well if you install it. Open up YaST / Software / Software Management and search on pavucontrol and once found install it if it is not installed. It is run from the menu / Multimedia / Volume control / PulseAudio Volume Control. I hope that something said here is helpful to you.

Thank You,

Thanks a lot, changing the master channel to “Internal Audio Analog Stereo” helped:)

Thanks a lot, changing the master channel to “Internal Audio Analog Stereo” helped:)

Happy to be of help to you isamu715 and welcome to the openSUSE forums.

Thank You,