gcc-plugin?

Hello,

I’m trying to compile a vanilla kernel 2.6.32.48 and I’m running into: Makefile:555: *** Your gcc installation does not support plugins. If the necessary headers for plugin support are missing, they should be installed. On Debian, apt-get install gcc-<ver>-plugin-dev… Stop.

I haven’t been able to find any packages that correspond to gcc-plugin for openSuSE? Is there package available?

Hello,

More precisely, does gcc packaged with OpenSuSE support GCC_Plugins - GCC Wiki It appears to be a new feature implemented in gcc-4.5?

Hello,

It appears that the SuSE developers opted to disable plugin in support:

Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --libdir=/usr/lib64 --libexecdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,fortran,obj-c++,java,ada --enable-checking=release --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.5 --enable-ssp --disable-libssp --disable-plugin --with-bugurl=http://bugs.opensuse.org/ --with-pkgversion='SUSE Linux' --disable-libgcj --disable-libmudflap --with-slibdir=/lib64 --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-libstdcxx-allocator=new --disable-libstdcxx-pch --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --program-suffix=-4.5 --enable-linux-futex --without-system-libunwind --enable-gold --with-plugin-ld=/usr/bin/gold --with-arch-32=i586 --with-tune=generic --build=x86_64-suse-linux

I’m not sure of their reasoning behind that decision but a possibly needed feature, I would be left to compile my own version of GCC. Thanks

Am 20.11.2011 17:06, schrieb bombshellz:
> I’m not sure of their reasoning behind that decision but a possibly
> needed feature, I would be left to compile my own version of GCC. Thanks
>
I am not a suse developer or packager so I only can suggest to ask them
directly on IRC or the mailing lists.

PC: oS 11.4 (dual boot 12.1) 64 bit | Intel Core i7-2600@3.40GHz | KDE
4.6.0 | GeForce GT 420 | 16GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.7.3 |
nVidia ION | 3GB Ram