Games don't run. Screen flashes then nothing.

I installed a couple of games lately(~7-10) and 2 of them don’t work. Secret Mario Chronycles and ThinkTanks. I click on them, the screen flashes and nothing else happens. Also, there were a couple of games I wasnt able to install. It gives me this error:

error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I also got other errors who said something about shared objects that didn’t exist. What is the problem. Another game I want able to install was Hedgewars(even w/ the 1-click-install).

Also, I get this error when trying to run Postal 2 Demo in the Konsole:

Couldn't run Postal2: Share the Pain (postal2-bin). Is POSTAL2_DATA_PATH set?

error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This means you are missing some gtk 1 libraries. Try installing package ‘gtk’. If you are trying to run this on a 64bit machine, then you might have to install ‘gtk-32bit’.

Couldn't run Postal2: Share the Pain (postal2-bin). Is POSTAL2_DATA_PATH set?

This is most likely caused by the startup script that came with Postal2. I think this altered script by icculus finds the correct path (untested):

http://icculus.org/mojosetup/examples/postal_fudge_pack/uncompressed_installer_package/data/postal2

g

The GTK thing worked, but not the postal2 one. SMC still doesn’t run and now that I was able to install darwinia using the gtk thing, it does the same thing as SMC.

Hi again,

For SMC and ThinkTanks, are you running them from the commandline? If not, try that and take a look at any errors. Then post them here.

For Postal 2, try the following on the commanline (on one line in the install directory):

POSTAL2_DATA_PATH=$postal2_dir/System ./postal2

replace $postal2_dir with the full directory path to the postal2 installation. Then make sure ‘/System’ is on the end.

g