forums fixed

It appears (for me at least) that the recent hardware updates have fixed up the forums performance.
I am seeing speedy logins and page navigation - probably the fastest I have ever seen in the opensuse forums.

So thanks to all involved for their perseverance in getting things sorted.

If I can be a little cheeky - now that things are going well - any chance we can get autocomplete turned back on for the fourm login? :slight_smile:

Yes
auto complete works for Firefox for me but not chromium

On 10/25/2012 05:46 AM, farcusnz wrote:
> I am seeing speedy logins and page navigation

me too, and i’ve also seen consistently correct page lands…so far it
looks super, as i had expected it to be for the last several years

very happy Jim (thank you!) kept the spotlight on the problem until TPTB
finally supported the attention, man-hours and investment capital
required to both find and fix the problem!

yipee!!!


dd

Got the same experience. The forums are super fast now.

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 03:46:03 +0000, farcusnz wrote:

> It appears (for me at least) that the recent hardware updates have fixed
> up the forums performance.
> I am seeing speedy logins and page navigation - probably the fastest I
> have ever seen in the opensuse forums.
>
> So thanks to all involved for their perseverance in getting things
> sorted.

I’m glad we’re seeing the positive reports. :slight_smile: Thanks for letting us
know that it’s working much better. :slight_smile:

> If I can be a little cheeky - now that things are going well - any
> chance we can get autocomplete turned back on for the fourm login? :slight_smile:

I think we are planning to do something that should make that possible -
if you look at forums.suse.com, for example, you’ll see that the login
form is different (it’s integrated into the page). I think we’ve talked
about doing that here as well, which does allow autocomplete to work.

If I have a minute today I’ll check into it again.

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Indeed the performance has been all-round first class, login, logout, betwixt and between.

Thanks for maintaining focus on the problems, their diagnosis, and all those involved with achieving a very smooth implementation.

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:16:01 +0000, consused wrote:

> Indeed the performance has been all-round first class, login, logout,
> betwixt and between.
>
> Thanks for maintaining focus on the problems, their diagnosis, and all
> those involved with achieving a very smooth implementation.

That would be mostly MatthewEhle on the implementation side. :slight_smile:

Jim


Jim Henderson
openSUSE Forums Administrator
Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

On 10/25/2012 09:10 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> That would be mostly MatthewEhle on the implementation side.:slight_smile:


dd

I appreciate everyone’s patience during this time. As Jim can attest, it took quite a bit of effort to get the approval to purchase a new load balancer. I am very pleased with how it is working out.

In the near future, you should expect some new features out of this as well. The most important one that I’m working on is for logged in users to be automatically upgraded to a secure (HTTPS) session.

Oh, and sorry about the autocomplete… I thought I had already fixed it. It should be working now.

after a week or so usage everything seems rock solid with me yet to hit any kind of hiccup - so thanks again for such a vast improvement.

On the autocomplete issue - I’m not seeing any difference.
The way I would expect it to behave is - when I enter my credentials into the login screen, once I hit login firefox or chrome should present me with a save dialogue box to remember the login details - but I don’t get this in either browser.

Thank you for your feedback.

OK, so I had turned on autocomplete for the other login page, which is not in place right now. I just made the change on the login page that’s actually being used, which should be much more helpful. I tried it out this time, and Firefox prompts me to save my credentials :slight_smile:

Thanks
It’s working in chromium/chrome now too

all working now - thanks again. :slight_smile:

I just want the reply to default to advanced edit, like it does in other vB forums…

I suggest putting that into a new thread, and see if others are on board with that as well.