FN Key Broken - How to turn on WIFI ?

Hi Guys,

first time here, Opensuse recently installed and this is my first trouble.
I cannot connect using wireless. I guess it is a problem with my FN key (it is really broken, does not work), but i am not sure

B43 Firmware Installed…
rfkill list shows (even after rfkill unblock all):

0: phyo: Wireless LAN
           soft blocked: no
           hard blocked:yes

extra information:

wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any   [FONT=monospace]         Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=off    
         Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off 
         Encryption key:off 
         Power Management:off

[/FONT]
[FONT=monospace]
[/FONT]
[FONT=monospace]eth0      Interface doesn't support scanning. 
wlan0     Interface doesn't support scanning : Network is down 
[/FONT]
lo        Interface doesn't support scanning. 

With my laptop, I used the Fn key to turn off wireless in Windows. And then I booted to opensuse and got about the same that you are seeing – that is, wireless didn’t work.

I booted back to Windows, and used the FnF2 again to turn wireless on. Then I rebooted to opensuse, and all was fine.

I later discovered that FnF2 actually works in opensuse, so I could have saved the trouble of rebooting.

In my case there was something being saved in non-volatile memory (perhaps BIOS memory) that applied to all operating systems. Maybe something like that is also happening for you.

But the thing is: i can’t use the FN key, even using Windows. It is broken, not working (that include other keys like H, Z, Alt …) . I bought an wireless keyboard to keep using my notebook.
So, i am not sure if my wireless problem is because i can’t turn it on (using FN + wifi key) or it is something else. I really need your help, guys.