Fligth of the Amazon Queen / Beneath a steel skye / ScummVM

Hi

I’ve installed this games and ScummVM from the OpenSuse repos but… I can’t play them because they always open a window to choose from Adlib or Midi and after choosing (any) of them…nothing happens. I’m doing something wrong here? Help woul be appreciated… :shame:

OpenSuse 13.1, KDE 4.13.2

Regards

Paulo

Both games work fine here, but I use the CD versions, not the floppy versions that are packaged as RPMs in the games repo.

AFAICS that window you mention should only appear the first time you start it though.

Run them in a terminal window and post the output.
Either type “BASS” or “FOTAQ”.

Try to run “scummvm” directly in a terminal window.
Do you see the games listed there? If not, add them, the paths are /usr/share/games/BASS/ and /usr/share/games/FOTAQ/

Can you start them?
If not, is there any output in the terminal window?

Hi wolfi323

txs for your help because you lead me to the solution.

Ok… undestood.

when I run it in terminal I saw that the game’s script tries to load the game in my language (portuguese - pt) but it could be found so it exit. Then I corrected the script to load the english language and… voilà…it worked. Now both games work. rotfl!

Scummvm can’t find the games in the path…I think that it try to find some type of file that isn’t a script.

As described above… I can’t start them because ScummVm wouldn’t find the executable files.

Anyway…it is solved with your help.

Regards

Paulo

rotfl!
Well, I guess that might be worth a bug report…
http://bugzilla.novell.com/ (same username/password as here)

Scummvm can’t find the games in the path…I think that it try to find some type of file that isn’t a script.

As described above… I can’t start them because ScummVm wouldn’t find the executable files.

Hm. Scummvm doesn’t need an executable file.
And the games’ data files are installed to /usr/share/games/FOTAQ/ and /usr/share/games/BASS/ respectively.

It should work if you click on “Add Game” and browse to those directories. The start script in the FOTAQ and BASS packages actually does the same thing anyway.

But well, if the menu entries work now, this is moot anyway.
You could of course still add other supported games to your scummvm installation.
Just copy them anywhere on your hard disk (no need to install any packages), click on “Add game” in scummvm, and browse to the corresponding directory.
For more informations have a look at http://scummvm.org/, or the included README file: /usr/share/doc/packages/scummvm/README