Flatpak Telegram broken after the most recent update on TW

I did both flatpak update and zypper dup last night and today Telegram Desktop app won’t start:

flatpak run org.telegram.desktop 
Gtk-Message: 10:07:24.826: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 2
QWidget::render: Cannot render with an inactive painter
qt.glx: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize 0, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 0, colorSpace QColorSpace(), profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
qt.glx: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize 0, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 0, colorSpace QColorSpace(), profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
Could not initialize GLX

Not sure which of the two updates is the cause of the problem, most likely it’s flatpak. I’m on a Dell laptop with integrated graphics as well as dedicated NVIDIA card (which I presume is not being used by default).

I was able to fix it by running flatpak upgrade. I will use this command from now on for upgrading flatpaks, or just use Discover.

flatpak upgrade seems not even to be a documented command. Where do you have it from?

https://docs.flatpak.org/en/latest/flatpak-command-reference.html

Placebo effect? Upgrade = update

Ummm. That’s simply an Alias for “update”. Users of other packaging tools are used to typing “upgrade”, so to avoid confusion.

upgrade == update

No. Upgrade and update are not the same. You upgrade from one distribution version to the next one (major change), but you update package versions and stay within the same distri version (minor change). This is common for software distribution…

Thats why i asked where this undocumented flatpack feature came from. But it seems that the developers have given in to the pressure of the clueless users who don’t know the difference and added an alias…

So given that the TO used the “same” update/upgrade command, how does it explain his seen behaviour of the application?

I noticed @awerlang posted a Reply about the same moment I did.

See their Reply for the details found in the .c source code file.