flash player buffer, how to change size?

opensuse 12.3, KDE

I’m trying to watch “The Daily Show” on CC. It stalls every minute to buffer. I want to set the buffer to 30 mins. Can I do this? If so, how?

I can pause the player in this url. No problem at all

Priorities USA - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 05/23/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

But there no 30 min episodes here

30 min shows here and i can pause them too. Thanks for the recommendation. Love it.
May 22, 2013 - Bill O’Reilly - The Daily Show With Jon Stewart - Full Episode Video | Comedy Central

flash buffer can’t be adjusted by the user - only from the server end.

As vazhavandan points out - you can achieve the same result as an increased buffer simply by hitting the pause button shortly after starting the video. It will then continue to download and once you believe you have enough of a head start simply push play again.

Alternatively - complain to your isp about poor bandwidth.
I’m in Japan and streaming Daily Show from the Comedy Central website pays continually without pausing or the need for buffering.

The point, again, the buffer is 60 seconds. If can’t increase the buffer size, it takes a hour to watch a 20 min episode. The min speed is 300k on the website. My max is 120k(DSL).

The ISP is verizon. Everyone seems to complain about it. Youtube allows you to buffer the whole video.

Is there another player for browsers with a massive buffer?

as already pointed out - hitting the pause button will achieve exactly the same result as increasing buffer size. The pause button is in effect a manually controlled buffer. Once pause is hit - the video will continue to download in the background. After say 20 mins of downloading resume play and it should run smoothly right through.
If you have a slow connection - nothing you do will make a 20 min video play in 20 mins.

It’s unlikely you would get another player to work with the comedy central site as all video is encrypted there with copy protection (unlike youtube).

To be honest - you are not going to have a very satisfactory multimedia experience anywhere with a 120k internet connection.

On 2013-05-29 05:06, farcusnz wrote:
>
> as already pointed out - hitting the pause button will achieve exactly
> the same result as increasing buffer size. The pause button is in effect
> a manually controlled buffer. Once pause is hit - the video will
> continue to download in the background.

Not on all sites. On some, it stops.

> To be honest - you are not going to have a very satisfactory multimedia
> experience anywhere with a 120k internet connection.

It happens.

Mine is 1 Mbit/s, and can not be improved.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 12.1 x86_64 “Asparagus” at Telcontar)

On 2013-05-28 21:16, lord valarian wrote:
> The point, again, the buffer is 60 seconds. If can’t increase the
> buffer size, it takes a hour to watch a 20 min episode. The min speed is
> 300k on the website. My max is 120k(DSL).

Maybe, just maybe, you could use one of those plugins to download flash
content to a file instead of watching the media directly.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 12.1 x86_64 “Asparagus” at Telcontar)

no, because it is encrypted those flash download plugins don’t work unfortunately.

I checked it, again and again. The buffer is 60 seconds. If you pause it, it fills a 60 second buffer then stops at 60 seconds. IT DOESN’T buffer more.

‘Buffer full’

I’ll see what it does. If I leave and come back after 30 mins. I don’t think I’ll see a change. If there is another buffer on top of that, that would make sense.

Any other browser flash players?

120k is what I have to work with. I can’t afford more.

smplayer is a good alternative to flash player and works well with YouTube.
Perhaps it might even let you adjust the cache.
Because all comedy central content is encrypted it will only work with adobe’s flash player.

@op- clear browser history and “cache” and try again