Firefox V34 - Upgrade with caution...

I had the normal master password turned on for a few days before the upgrade I turned it off and then started to notice the problem. Only extension/plug in I use is NoSript. Tobe honest I did not realize there was an upgrade I was busy at the last update and just accepted it.I generally have a closer look at what is being updated.I did not know I had 34 until I checked the install history in Yast after seeing this thread and having problem at login

… and I cannot really give any comparison results or tests, since I am running Firefox ESR 31.3.0

Plus, as I said, I do not use any Password Managers. I have just never really endorsed any method where, if you manage to crack one password, you’ve got them all.>:)

Interesting… these forums were one of the sites that failed for me.

signons.sqlite is deprecated it has been replaced with logins.json - Although I believe it was at the 31 to 32 upgrade and not this one.

Good find. Not seen that myself.

Found a few days old backup copy of my V33 Firefox profile, so able to test the export/import idea…

… which does work. Now I’ve all of my remaining passwords restored, and all seems to work as normal. :wink:

Added further details to the bug report. 908918 – After update to Firefox 34.0.5 Firefox does not handle or store saved Passwords or restore session on startup

Thanks. I’ve changed my backup scripts accordingly.ee

Depending upon how those scripts are setup (in terms of filenames) you may need to make a few more changes.

Mozilla have been “silently” making quite a few changes to the profiles folder over the last few releases.

Mozillazine keep a fairly up to date list here: Profile folder - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Yes, they have been annoying.

I have mostly been backing up cookies, bookmarks and logins. The cookies still seem okay, though the format of the sqlite database changed somewhere around version 25 or so. I had to make a recent change to bookmarks. There was a temporary “places” file that was merged into the main file on shutdown. But now they are not merging, so I had to add that file to what I backup.

And now the logins change.

Looking in my profile directory, I see several files with old dates. I suppose they are no longer used and I probably should delete them, though they don’t take up much disk space).

Of course I don’t know if you guys use Firefox Sync or not but I noticed that the option to sync my passwords was unticked after update to version 34+ and whether this would be an issue for you or anyone else. Just sayin’. :expressionless:

not sure how you actually turn off sync :\

but there were errors in the error folder seeming pertaining to sync so I created a fresh password (forgot the old if I ever had one). Removed all the check marks still no go with the an added password would nether remeber nor use the stored.But had the added fun of the login.json file then only contained the password for the sync login. I do have backups though. In any case everthing I have tried has not brought the password managenet back in 34. still works fine in 33

Like this http://en.zimagez.com/full/413de45f642c075b817defaa1cf6b754ba6f2558d1d3460d6924c0fb25bf0a9dfcec6716d8cee2d4a0fe5cc20970a14f2d5e99995e06d62d.php It’s not turned off so much as not syncing. Poor choice of words on my part originally. :frowning: :wink: