Firefox v27.0 Secure Connection Failed (sec_error_no_token)

Hi everyone,

I am using openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) in my laptop and my Firefox is the latest v27.0 from the repository (through YaST). I am currently getting a Secure Connection Failed problem (Error code: sec_error_no_token) when I try to do a google search or access gmail.


I initially suspect it is only for google services but found the same problem for other https sites (not all though). Http sites are ok. I think it has something to do with https. I tried the following:

1.) Remove and reinstall firefox; reboot
2.) Reinstall firefox and delete .firefox from /home folder
3.) Used the following browsers for isolation: Chrome, Chromium, Opera -> all are ok on google and https sites
4.) Reset my firefox via Help > Troubleshooting Information
5.) Safe mode via Help > Restart with Add-ons disabled.
6.) Change the Network Proxy Settings of the browser (No proxy, auto, manual) -> changing it doesn’t help
7.) Enable/Disable OCSP from Certificates > Validation
8.) Delete all history, cache etc and reboot
9.) Also check if ssl is open and found ok
10.) Disable firewall

Nothing works. I tried searching for sec_error_no_token but cannot find a definite solution. I really do not know what else to check. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!

(Sorry for double posting… I cannot find the Edit button)

Hi everyone, it looks that the problem got fixed. I don’t know how though. I was trying a lot of things and cannot pinpoint what triggered the fix.

  • Certificates change to Select one automatically
  • Play around with Validation > Use OCSP
  • Delete from Certificate > Servers - didn’t work so I imported it back
  • Deleted the cert8.db from profile, restart firefox
  • Try safe mode again

Hope this helps anyone who might be experiencing the same issue. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing this with us. This could be helpful if the error occur in future. :good:

Exactly the same problem, by remove the .mozilla folder will let things working, but some kind of later, same happens.

I found and tested this fix, it works.

Edit: look for erickidc’s post

I had the same problem. My solution was to download the latest Firefox archive from, extract it and copy the content of the folder “firefox” to /usr/lib/firefox/ Of course, you need root access


this is an old thread. However, since I had the same issue recently, and found another solution, I though I will share it for the community.

Following these steps:

I did the following:

  1. Opened about:config
  2. Set security.tls.insecure_fallback_hosts = ( is the domain you have issues with.)
  3. I changed - just in case - security.tls.version.fallback-limit from 3 to 1
  4. Finally I changed security.tls.runrestricted_rc4_fallback from false to true
  5. I did have to restart Firefox (simply reloading the page as said in the original post did not work.)
  6. That’s it

I am not sure which or if all of point 2 - 4 fixed the issue. I am fairly sure, simply adding a fallback host did solve it, but I am not sure. Since there have been several pages with this issue, I have to check if they are solved too. IF NOT, I will have to see if I can add additional hosts to the file and if that fixed it. Either way, this way it will be a definitive answer, which part solved the puzzle.