Firefox "Save Page As" dialog annoyance

When I go to save a page in Firefox (6.0, openSUSE 11.4 64-bit), the dialog box opens to enter the file name and location, and the filter is set to “Web Page, Complete” which is what I want.

But when I go to edit the file name, the filter immediately changes to “All Files”, which is annoying, as I then have to set it back to “Web Page, Complete” manually.

By comparison, I don’t see this behaviour when I am using Firefox under Windows, it looks to be a quirk of the Linux (or at least, the openSUSE) version.

Any ideas how I could make the filter stay at at the default?

thx

E.

When I go to save a page in Firefox (6.0, openSUSE 11.4 64-bit), the dialog box opens to enter the file name and location, and the filter is set to “Web Page, Complete” which is what I want.

But when I go to edit the file name, the filter immediately changes to “All Files”, which is annoying, as I then have to set it back to “Web Page, Complete” manually.

By comparison, I don’t see this behaviour when I am using Firefox under Windows, it looks to be a quirk of the Linux (or at least, the openSUSE) version.

Any ideas how I could make the filter stay at at the default?

thx

E.

This is a strange problem. I am not having this issue with Firefox 6. Is there a specific site where this is a problem, or all sites you have tried? Have you considered creating a new user and trying again to see if this is a quirk in your present user setup?

Thank You,

Seems to be any site. I created a new profile and tried that, and saw the same behaviour.

Thanks.

E.

I don’t see this either

What setting do you have in Prefs > Applications > HTML
(Though I don’t really think this is connected)
And you tried a new .mozilla ? Didn’t you…

Hi. Yes, tried with a fresh .mozilla folder. There is no HTML entry in Prefs > Applications.

Thanks for the suggestions.

E.

Have look
SUSE Paste

Yep, and here’s mine, with no entry for HTML: SUSE Paste

And here’s my save page dialogue: SUSE Paste

Do you have any entries in the prefs>applications? I mean if you don’t type in any filter.

I just tried a new .mozilla
and I see no html
I think I have some modification in

about:config

I’ll look in to this more later

Yes, you can see it here: SUSE Paste

Thanks for all your efforts.

E.

So if I go to Edit / Preferences / Application and enter html, nothing shows up in my setup either. However, I do not have the problem as described in the first message here by ecognito. I am not sure this is the cause of the problem.

Thank You,