firefox crashes due to shared libraries not found

Hi,
I tried to install FreeCAD on my Suse machine, and it asked for libuuid.so.1(64bit). I downloaded the package and tried to install it, and it didn’t work. Problem is that now my Firefox won’t work any more (well it works, but becomes very very slow and eventually crashes). The error I get when running from terminal is (it’s loads and loads of that):

*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: failed to initialize plugin-side RPC client connection
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(/usr/src/packages/BUILD/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-wrapper.c:3156):invoke_NP_Initialize: assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(g_rpc_connection))
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libuuid.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libuuid.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

When I try to install a package that contains libuuid.so.1, my system tells me that I have it already installed.

Anybody knows how to solve this?
thanks

You can open YaST / Software Management and search on NSPlugin. I found 12 items listed, with only one loaded on my system AND it says it was present for Netscape, which no one uses any more. I am assuming you could delete these files if you have give up on FreeCAD though I don’t know the connection between them. Also, if you have actually messed up Firefox, it is possible to add it repository and then switch to it, making sure all files loaded come from Mozilla:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.3/

Finally, I did see where one user used the about:config in Firefox to disable IPV6 (network.dns.disableIPv6) which seemed to help. but I think you have installed some files that are not required and may be a problem to Firefox.

Thank You,