Firefox broken after latest updates to 11.2m2.

I get the following message with Firefox update: “nothing provides mozilla-
xulrunner191 - 1.9.1b99 needed by Mozilla Firefox 3.5b99-1.2.i586”. The only
resolution is not to install Firefox. Help!


Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK. E-mail: newsman not newsboy
“I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.”

Yep firefox is broken untill a matching xlrunner come out the devs are aware of it. that is one of the joys of testing.
In the meantime you could use konqueror or seamonkey

Or go to build.opensuse.org and find a different build/version of Firefox in another repo, or use rekonq or arora, etc.

enderandrew wrote:

>
> Or go to build.opensuse.org and find a different build/version of
> Firefox in another repo, or use rekonq or arora, etc.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that as the update of Firefox failed, the version
I have is unchanged, i.e., 3.5b4-2.1. This would not work so I’ve run it
from the command line and got the error: Could not find compatible GRE
between version 1.9.1b4 and 1.9.1b4. I checked xulrunner and found that the
version installed was not compatible with the version of Firefox so I
changed the three back to 1.9.1b4. Firefox now works and I can ditch
Konqueror again. Whoopee!

Thank you all for your help.


Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK. E-mail: newsman not newsboy
“I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.”

Yep. I reverted back to my firefox on the cd but didn’t do the same with xlrunner finally got that straightened out. thats the nice thing about linux something doesn’t work there are ways to fix it without spending dollars or euros or yen or kronas

dale14846 wrote:

> Yep. I reverted back to my firefox on the cd but didn’t do the same
> with xlrunner finally got that straightened out. thats the nice thing
> about linux something doesn’t work there are ways to fix it without
> spending dollars or euros or yen or kronas

Agreed re being able to fix things in Linux. Only trouble I have is the next
time I get a similar problem I’ve forgotten the cure.

I’ve also flagged the xulrunner191’s as “keep” so that YAST stops trying to
update them from 1.9.1b4 to 1.9.1. Must remember to undo that when the
proper updated versions appear.


Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK. E-mail: newsman not newsboy
“I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.”

I have installed from Factory (20 June): MozillaFirefox at 3.5b99-1.2-i586, with mozilla-xulrunner191 at 1.9.1b99-2.2-i586, so nothing broken here. :wink:

I updated M2 (zypper up) from Factory-Oss this afternoon. Mozilla-xulrunner191 at 1.9.1.0-1.1-i586 was not installed, but is shown in Yast as an available update.

I’m using mozilla-xulrunner191-1.9.1.0-2.1 from the mozilla:/Factory. See my comment at the end of this thread:

Firefox 3.5 doesn’t start anymore after update - openSUSE Forums

Strangely enough, for me it helped to uninstall both firefox and xulrunner 1.9.* with Yast, and then install firefox again. Now it’s up and running again.

Upgraded from factory today, mozilla-xulrunner191-1.9.1.0-2.1 and FF 3.5.0 etc. installed and running ok.

consused wrote:

>
> Upgraded from factory today, mozilla-xulrunner191-1.9.1.0-2.1 and FF
> 3.5.0 etc. installed and running ok.
>
>

Yes, I’ve just upped to 11.2-m3 and Firefox 3.5 so that’s one problem out of
the way.


Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK. E-mail: newsman not newsboy
“I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.”