Firefox addon installation aborted - corrupt addon

Read the Firefox help regarding this topic:

Specially:

Went thru those earlier with no luck. No issue on any of my windows machines.
Specific to my Suse installation? Worked okay yesterday. The only difference I know is the mozilla updates on 15.5 last night. We keep an eye on mozilla over the next few days.

Same problem here on my machine (running 15.5). I believe it’s one of these:

libfreebl3 3.98-lp155.1.1
libsoftokn3 3.98-lp155.1.1
mozilla-nss 3.98-lp155.1.1
mozilla-nss-certs 3.98-lp155.1.1

Since these are all I installed on my machine this morning, and
I did not install them on the wife’s machine – her Firefox is OK.

I think we may have to wait for Firefox to correct this.

1 Like

Same Problem here!
openSUSE 15.4
Firefox 123.0.1 (64-Bit)

I cant find any other linux user having this problem, so is it openSUSE specific?

Well I’m up-to-date on tumbleweed using non-flatpak firefox and just installed an extension successfully. Maybe try starting firefox from command line like:

firefox -ProfileManager

then create a new test profile to run with once and see if it works. If it does, something in .mozilla/ profile

-Just be sure not to set the new profile to “use without asking at startup”. You may need to next time you run select your current one and re-check “use without asking”

uninstall firefox, delete profile not helping in this case, i did a system (os) clean install now its working fine

New profile didn’t help. Tarball Firefox state from mozilla.org didn’t help too. Nighly, however, works fine.

Bug report https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1221531

1 Like

Same issue, my TW PC did this this morning. Started working on my TW laptop that didn’t update yet.

Wow, are you not using btrfs with snapshots?

Re-installing system for fixing a Firefox bug seems excessive.

1 Like

Actually I had to do this after plasma 6 update (clean install ) :wink:

but i am sure its something else as its again updated above said libs, but now no issue

1 Like

Same here. OpenSUSE 15.5 just updated to Firefox 123 today and all my add-ons were disabled. Trying to reinstall any add-on gives error above saying they were corrupt.
Reverted to FF 115 and add-ons are now enabled but with a big warning saying they are unverified.
115.8 hasn’t been updated since February so I guess this is an issue at Mozilla. Maybe an expired certificate?

Read bug report that was mentioned above.

today zypper downgrade (version given) following from mozila repo and again same problem arrived

libfreebl3 3.97-2.1
libsoftokn3 3.97-2.1
mozilla-nspr 4.35-1.52
mozilla-nss 3.97-2.1
mozilla-nss-certs 3.97-2.1

Try not using Mozilla repo(don’t enable it) and update with Main OSS. I did this then did a refresh

1 Like

yes main OSS repo version is working fine…

The latest update to mozilla-nss from today (version 3.98-2.2) appears to fix this.

Though existing addons still remain disabled with no obvious way to re-enable, re-installing them works.

I didn’t touch FF 123 for a couple of days, used FF ESR. After installing mozilla-nss 3.98-lp155.2.1 for Leap 15.5 addons for FF 123 started to work without reinstall, for FF ESR I made uninstall + install to get rid of warnings.
For some addons you can perform Backup + Restore settings (NoScript, uBlock Origin, etc.).
Soon we will get FF 124, possible it will help with addons troubles.

Luckily the re-install picked up the previous settings automatically so it ended up being just a minor annoyance.

Here Leap 15.5. I closed Fx and deleted “extensies.json”. All extensions are okay again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.