Firefox 3.0.10, YouTube no video after first one is played.

Opera works now from the launcher since I deleted that lock file from .opera

Going to try and deal with the reops now.

OK I removed the KDE 4 repos completely, Disabled the QT repos and enabled auto refresh on the Packman repos.

flamebait@linux-v5xu:~> zypper lr --details

| Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service

—±-------------------------±-----------------------------------±--------±--------±---------±-------±--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------±-------
1 | 11.1 | 11.1 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/11.1 |
2 | KDE:Qt | KDE:Qt | No | No | 100 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Qt/openSUSE_11.1 |
3 | OpenSUSE_11.1-0 | OpenSUSE 11.1-0 | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | hd:///usr/local/src/SU1110.001?device=/dev/disk/by-id/edd-int13_dev81-part1&filesystem=auto |
4 | Packman | Packman repository (openSUSE_11.1) | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/packman/suse/11.1 |
5 | fietze | fietze | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/home:/fietze/openSUSE_11.1 |
6 | google | google | Yes | No | 99 | rpm-md | http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/i386 |
7 | google64 | google64 | Yes | No | 99 | rpm-md | http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/x86_64 |
8 | hamradio | hamradio | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/hamradio/openSUSE_11.1 |
9 | home:dl8fcl | home:dl8fcl | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/home:/dl8fcl/openSUSE_11.1 |
10 | openSUSE:Factory:Contrib | openSUSE:Factory:Contrib | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/openSUSE:/Factory:/Contrib/openSUSE_11.1 |
11 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.1-Debug | No | Yes | 100 | NONE | Index of /debug/distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
12 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 100 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss |
13 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.1-Oss | Yes | Yes | 100 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
14 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.1-Source | No | Yes | 100 | NONE | Index of /source/distribution/11.1/repo/oss |
15 | repo-update | openSUSE-11.1-Update | Yes | Yes | 20 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.1 |
16 | science | science | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/science/openSUSE_11.1 |
17 | videolan | videolan | No | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /pub/vlc/SuSE/11.1/

So far so good after doing the latest update to FireFox (3.0.11) and relogging in. I am on my 5th YouTube video with FireFox without losing video.

FlameBait wrote:
> Konqueror is fine it just doesn’t work on YouTube flashplayer videos. I
> am starting to think this is a problem across all Google sites. As I had
> FireFox and Flash problems with YouTube on my other computer running
> Mandriva 2008.
You can cross check with other sites where you get streamed video in swf format.
Note that some sites stream wmv files;avoid them for this check.
>
> Some pretty huge output from those commands I guess I’ll need a place
> to paste them to.
>
> To be clear I am running KDE 3.5.10 not KDE 4 even though I have KDE
> 4.0 installed.
>
>
> Opera launches from the CLI without too much complaint and plays every
> YouTube Video I throw at it.
>
> Looking for a place to paste this output too.
>
>

Good.
Did you update and or roll back packages after making the repo changes?

I just rebooted and let the software updater run.

OK. So you may want to leave as is if you are happy. But if you look in Software Management filter by Repo’s - Select System: you will likely find a number of Packages showing red in the package list. These are roll backs. FYI.

How safe is roLling back functionality wise? I am pretty happy now as I have everything working nicely and this is my daily driver/main computer.

Looking I don’t see any red checkmarks.

Doh I see the ones in “red” now. There are also packages in blue as well. I don’t know if I am better off leaving things as they are or reverting :expressionless:

I am so used to the Mandriva updater that I am not used to the openSuSE way yet.

Well I successfully roll back all the time.

Usually I filter by repo and check what is in each repo.
If you notice the packages menu on the top of the screen it will drop open to offer options like ‘Update all in this list Unconditionally or If Newer Version Available’

The complication may remain where you actually have packages installed but no source provides them anymore. This can happen when you eg; remove a repo you previously had (in your case factory kde4 and QT).

Bet thing is visit each repo and do update all in this list if newer avail. Then see how many red remain.

But go carefully. I’m not sure what some of those repo’s are eg;#10
It looks kde4 ish, so you might want to remove it?!

Certainly in Packman an unconditional update is usually fine.

I started reading and right away I saw what might be problems. I use kaffeine with gstreamer and it is red on the list. until I hit a problem I am going to leave things as they are. Right now “stuff just works” SMplayer for one and I use it all the time for Anime.