Files and folders not being added to clementine

I have an aggravating problem. I use Clementine (version 1.1.1-5.7-x86_64) for my music playback needs. My music files are all kept on an external 1.5Tb drive. Most of the folders/files are readable, and are added to the Clementine database. But, there are some folders, with their files, that I cannot get added to the database. I’ve tried chmod’ing the base folder with 644, recursively, but that didn’t work. I tried using touch, but that was really too work intensive, and it didn’t work anyway. Is there a solution to this conundrum?

Don’t know but just to be clear how is the external drive formatted?

Which openSUSE version do you use? Has all of files/folders ever all worked under what openSUSE version? Is this USB 2.00 or USB 3.00 hard drive? What partition type does it use like EXT3 or NTFS? What is your mount command, like automatic or from your fstab file? A copy of the line that mounts the drive from the fstab file would be helpful to see. What are the permissions on the file and folders in question set for? Just a few questions to ask and we will see if we can give some help.

Thank You,

I am using 12.3 64bit.
Like I said,

Most of the folders/files are readable, and are added to the Clementine database.

The drive is using USB 2.0.
It is an NTFS file system (which will be changed to ext4 once I can afford another drive of the same size LOL)
fstab shows:

/dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_HM500JI_S29MJ9FZ908290-part5 swap                 swap       defaults              0 0
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_HM500JI_S29MJ9FZ908290-part6 /                    ext4       acl,user_xattr        1 1
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_HM500JI_S29MJ9FZ908290-part7 /home                ext4       defaults              1 2
proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0
sysfs                /sys                 sysfs      noauto                0 0
debugfs              /sys/kernel/debug    debugfs    noauto                0 0
usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      noauto                0 0
devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0

NOTE: the relevant drive does not show here, because I am not at home. I do not have internet access at home, so must do all this when I can access the net at the local coffee shop, and cannot really lug the drive around with me.

Permissions were mentioned in the original post - 644.

Just so one knows, I have been using linux since 1999…

So some thoughts. There nothing wrong in keeping as ntfs. In my fstab file I use these options “defaults,discard,noatime,nodiratime,nofail”. Using nofail means you can leave the entry in when the drive is not there. I do not use automount and have a folder from root like /Windows made as root. I use permissions of 777 so all can use. Give my suggest do considerations.

Thank You,