Favorite Music Player [2014 Edition]

So guys, it’s simple - what’s your favorite music player currently?

Regards,

VLC - Icecast Radio Directory

I can stream just about anything I want to hear. Metal, Country, Hard Rock, Jazz, 60s,70s,80s, &c.

I prefer Qmmp.

Clementine is the one I use. It just werks.

I voted for Amarok, because that’s what I currently use. It works reasonably well with KDE.

I can’t really say it is a favorite, because I haven’t tried very hard to test the others.

And sure, Amarok is not exactly perfect.

It’s rare that I’m listen on music now on days. Was using amarok for some years. Then it was Spotify for a couple of years before they change they payment model. Now You tube if music(and that is rare). VLC when listening on audio books and downloaded National radio pod cast.

Regards

Clementine and foobar2000 if on windows. The only problem is I don’t listen as much to music as I used to :slight_smile:

Most of the time I use Amarok but I’m starting to like Cantata (mpd client).
I only set up mpd so I could try it and I was really impressed.

So I voted both.

I’m usually listening to Pandora online radio.

Otherwise I use whatever is the default player already installed.

A surprising service I have used is (please don’t kill me :wink: ) http://music.xbox.com

What makes it interesting is that you are able to look through their pretty large library and add any albums or songs to your collection and/or playlists and play them.

I haven’t found any way to download or upload music to it, so I think it is locked down and limited to their library. I am not impressed with their radio feature either. I prefer Pandora’s but that could also be because I’ve used it for years longer and have it tuned to my various tastes.

So for collecting albums to listen through a browser without any out-of-pocket costs, it isn’t all that bad. I’ve pulled up some of the older albums just for fun.

When I listen to Pandora, I much prefer using **Pithos **over any web browser. It seems a lot lighter, I don’t have to worry about accidentally closing it when I close my batch of browsers, and it actually gives me a preview of what the next few songs are (which the browser version doesn’t).

On Thu 17 Jul 2014 01:26:01 PM CDT, dragonbite wrote:

A surprising service I have used is (please don’t kill me :wink: )
http://music.xbox.com

What makes it interesting is that you are able to look through their
pretty large library and add any albums or songs to your collection
and/or playlists and play them.

I haven’t found any way to download or upload music to it, so I think it
is locked down and limited to their library. I am not impressed with
their radio feature either. I prefer Pandora’s but that could also be
because I’ve used it for years longer and have it tuned to my various
tastes.

So for collecting albums to listen through a browser without any
out-of-pocket costs, it isn’t all that bad. I’ve pulled up some of the
older albums just for fun.

When I listen to Pandora, I much prefer using *Pithos *over any web
browser. It seems a lot lighter, I don’t have to worry about
accidentally closing it when I close my batch of browsers, and it
actually gives me a preview of what the next few songs are (which the
browser version doesn’t).

Hi
Which version of pithos are you using?

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-17-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

I think I went with this one http://software.opensuse.org/package/pithos from the OBS.

Hi
Try the new python3 version :wink:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/pithos3

So that’s what the “3” is for, phython3.

Is that the version you put together?

Hi
Yup, (well both are) I need to push it to GNOME:Apps at some point…

Rhythmbox for audio and VLC for video.

I strongly favor Gnome video player (Tote) above anything else. I just love how its dumb and straight it is when it play audio files - Its just instantly playing audio while displaying cover art. No loading, no cluttered interface, no bs.

I dont need library,equalizer, and all those fancy stuff (In fact I despised by those). My audio directly managed on filesystem directory, this is far superior for sync across multiple computers compared to library yada yada .

If I have to choose fo alternative, it would be VLC. (But I hate how it treat audio and video files volume level indiscriminately).

I have VLC and I use that sometimes. I usually use audacious.

Most of the time I use Pithos to listen to my Pandora stations.

Now that I have Gnome (3.14) working again on my laptop (openSUSE 12.3) I want to check out the Music app. It looks pretty trimmed down and single-focused so that may be an alternative to the “play anything and do lyrics and let you buy and wash your dishes and …” type players.

wtch pk full hd free here ,
http://adf.ly/vUkRy