Eye Glasses

Ok, this may seem a little silly if i ask this, but i am debating with my self if i should get real glass or plastic glasses.
So far i had here in the US only plastic since any optometrist is saying that real glasses are bad for the eyes since they can crack and get into the eyes.
This seems to be an argument that makes sense.
Last time i went to my parents and they swear of real glasses.

What kind do you use (if you use any anyway).

I have something of -1.5 or so… have to check soon again. My last check was 2 years ago.

I just bought these ones while visiting Japan and I can’t be more happy with them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGrbgOsfo-Y

I tried both. I’m going with plastic. Because of the lightness characteristic, doesn’t give pressure to ears and nose.
Just find a scratch-proof or scratch resistant plastic lens and it will give a good service until you revisit your optometrist after 2 years.

11-03-2011 02:36, JoergJaeger yazmış:
>
> Ok, this may seem a little silly if i ask this, but i am debating with
> my self if i should get real glass or plastic glasses.
> So far i had here in the US only plastic since any optometrist is
> saying that real glasses are bad for the eyes since they can crack and
> get into the eyes.
> This seems to be an argument that makes sense.
> Last time i went to my parents and they swear of real glasses.
>
> What kind do you use (if you use any anyway).
>
> I have something of -1.5 or so… have to check soon again. My last
> check was 2 years ago.
>
>

I use plastic Eye Glasses, I am happy about it. But sometimes I also
want to check out real glass just out of cruosity.

I used glass for many years. But then at one time, I was advised that my myopia was bad enough that I should get plastic for lighter weight and higher refractive index (lenses not as thick).

The plastic glasses have been fine. I have not had any scratching problems.

Well sound good to me.
I scratch my glasses all the time, but that is mostly because i am not very careful. :frowning:

the “plastic” lenses are not longer plastic( pvc,pet,ext.) but polycarbonate ( the same stuff as a jet fighter wind screen )

Glass is HEAVY so unless you almost do not need lenses get the polycarbonate

I use ray ban sunglasses.

The last 1, I replaced has a ray ban frame with plastic lenses.:wink:

My ray ban are black lenses. Because I have nearsightedness they have crystals instead of plastic lenses.;):slight_smile:

That is cool. Hmmmmnn, mine, the right lens is thicker than the left. The right vision was damage during the time when I was doing manual architectural renderings almost 24-7 when computer renderings where not yet born.
Sorry not mean to hijack the eye glasses thread.

Because I am programmer and student in university, nearsightedness is the enemy of programmers. You understand!!!
Crystall lens are the best for your eyes. Imagine that these glasses cost 560 euros.

Totally agree, but would you believe that 30 years ago I am suffering from nearsightedness, then +&- ten years ago I discovered it was the other way, It was farsightedness
So it was another adjustment for the eyes and lenses.:beat-up:

I understand it is to difficult my friend. I am 19 years old and I wait when I will become 20 years(this May 11) old to make laser.

So your eyeglasses are heavy.
I used to start off with crystal glasses, or whatever material it was at the time.
If you go over a certain dioptric, you can’t use heavy glasses anymore. In my case i could perhaps, but now i got so used to the lightness that i will most likely take the ‘plastic’ glasses again.

Yep. They are heavy.