External USB audio interface not working (NI Audio 4 DJ)

Hi there,

I recently got an external USB audio interface. It’s a Native Instruments Audio 4 DJ. Previous research suggested that this card is supported by ALSA (see Matrix:Module-usb-caiaq - AlsaProject).

However, Yast/Hardware/Sound doesn’t detect the card, and when I try to add it manually, there appears to be no card that uses the relevant module (snd-card-usb-caiaq).

I am a little puzzled where to go from here. I’m running openSUSE 11.1 x86-64. cat /proc/asound/cards only shows

0 [Intel ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
HDA Intel at 0xfbcf8000 irq 22
1 [HDMI ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI
HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfbefc000 irq 17

where I suppose the first entry is my onboard sound (Realtek ALC888) and the second entry something related to my ATI HD 4850 video card.

Any pointers are highly appreciated.

anyone?

bump… I really don’t know how to proceed, the device shows up under lsusb but is not in /proc/asound/cards.

I saw your post, but I don’t have a USB sound device, so I can not help. Someone else will need to “chime in”. I’m just replying so you know you are not being ignored, I just do not know enough about this to want to support a thread in an area where my knowledge is too weak.

hi!
the same here on debian, with proper modules loaded, the audio4dj does not work. on the same setup tested audio8dj - immediately found in /proc/asound/cards. maybe there is something like firmware uploaded to the audio4dj on win/mac?? :frowning:
could someone help us with this please… many thanx in advance…

solved… compiled latest alsa driver from source, device works.
cheers,
~r~