Ettercap-NG 0.7.3 can't find. etter.ssl.crt after reboot...

Ok, I’.ll try get everything into one post… please bear with me…

I’m running 11.4 m6 x86_64 with Kde 4.6 from the Factory Repo…

I have searched the webpins for a version of ettercap and actually found one user who had a personal repo setup for it at…

Index of /repositories/home:/bastianfriedrich

now… it is able to install but there is a well known issue with the DNS dissector not working correctly… to fix this issue you have to compile from source and change some variables in the configure file.

Original page where I found the instructions/directions
[ubuntu] ettercap dns_spoof problem - Ubuntu Forums](http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=858044)

Oirginal page with the proper instructions to fix lack of dns dissector translated-
Google Translate

So long story short, I changed the necessary files and compiled and installed (./configure && make && sudo make install) successfully…

It installs the program to /usr/local/bin/

I can run it successfully and use all the dissectors that are included after the initial install…

However when I reboot and attempt to run the program again… I get an Fatal Error: cannot open or find “./share/etter.ssl.crt” and the program won’t run…

Now that file is on my comp (sudo find / -type f -name etter.ssl.crt -print)… and it is the same file and permissions from when I initially installed and got it to run successfully…

I’m not sure why I am able to install and run the program just fine as long as I don’t reboot… and when I do reboot, all of a sudden it can’t either find/locate/read/access the etter.ssl.crt file…

any suggestions…

As 11.4 is still NOT released, this should be in the Prerelease/Beta Forum. I will move it.

Moved to Prerelease/Beta.

To the OP: please, as long as you are testing pre-release software, post in this subforum. Thus the “normal” forums are not poluted with all sorts of testing results which might shy off new users.
Also in the Pre-release/Beta sub-forum your fellow testers will find your thread easier.