Error mounting new partitions during install

1. PC one HardDisk, 0 partitions.
  2. Boot from Live Gnome CD.
  3. Select “Live Installer”.
  4. Continue on the message (because my PC only has 512MB of RAM)
  5. Next in Welcome
  6. Next in Timezone
  7. Next in Disk (create 3 partitions, swap, root and home; last 2 ext3; sizes 2.01, 20.00GB and 52.52GB)
  8. Define a user and a password and Next in User Settings.
  9. Install
  10. Install

Got 3 Errors:
a. Cannot mount volume
Error org.freedesktop.Hal.NoSuchDevice
Details
No device with id /org/freedesktop/hal/devices/
volume_uuid_

b. Unable to Mount 2.2GB Media
DBus Error org.freedesktop.DBUS.Error.NoReply:
Did not receive a reply.Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken

c. Unable to Mount 2.2GB Media
Did not receive a reply.Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken

Other time, got:
a.
Unable to mount 21.5 GB Media
DBUS error
org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor.NotFound: the given volume was not found

b.
Cannot mount volume.
Unable to mount volume.
Details:
mount: /dev/sda2 already mounted or media/disk busy

c.
3. Unable to Mount 21.5GB Media

I can successfully install.
I think the problem occurs when it finishes formatting a partition. For me the problem is that Gnome/whatever sees the new partition, tries to mount it, but the Live-install doesn’t let. Why Gnome can “see” one partition and not all? And why it’s not always the same the partition (most of the times it’s the first, the swap)? I don’t know.
Probably the solution is to disable automount before changing the disks, and enable it after.
But I’m no expert so please no flames;)

If someone wants more information, logs, etc, just ask.

Thanks for the great work.

It’s not clear to me when exactly this error happens. Is it the boot after install finishes, as it sets up hardware? Or have you passed that stage also?

Hi all.

It’s me again.
Just to tell you that sometimes gnome or whatever is too quick and mounts the just created partition. Then when Live-installer tries to format it, it fails, and fails the installation, so maybe the priority for this problem should be increased.
By the away my CPU is a Pentium III (Coppermine) so it is an old/slow CPU.

TA