Am trying to get Xampp but is says on root account:
opensuse-12-3-v10:~ # chmod 755 xampp-linux-1.8.2-0-installer.run
chmod: cannot access ‘xampp-linux-1.8.2-0-installer.run’: No such file or directory
opensuse-12-3-v10:~ # chmod 755 xampp-linux-1.8.2-3-installer.run
chmod: cannot access ‘xampp-linux-1.8.2-3-installer.run’: No such file or directory
(Opens suse 12.3)
My guess is that you’re trying to install a LAMP server, and downloaded the infamous XAMP package. That’s not necessary, openSUSE has it all on board:
- Start Yast - Software - Software manager
- View - Patterns
- Scroll down to the LAMP pattern, check the box left to it, all packages needed for a LAMP server are being selected for install
- Also select phpMyAdmin for install.
- Accept, run the install.
- Close Yast
- Start Yast, it now has a new module in Network services: HTTP server, start it
- Have the firewall open needed port(s)
- Set the webserver to start at boot\
- When using all defaults the webroot is /srv/www/htdocs, browsing http://localhost should give “It works!”
The next thing is to setup MYSQL, it needs at least a root (not the same as the linux super user) user and password, phpMyAdmin will not work passwordless.