Epson JavaPos TM-T88IV printer and cashdrawer

My apologies if this has already been posted, but I am a bit pressed for time.

I installed a Epson TM-T88IV posprinter onto a pos machine that runs on opensuse 11.3 minimal x. When I run checkhealthtest the printer kicks, but it gives me an error message saying that the power of the device is off, and when I run it on the cashdrawer it basically gives me the same error, but it doesn’t respond (like the printer does).
any help in this regard will be much appreciated

Michail Schmulian

I used to work on the POS industry a long time ago (as a hardware technician), but I’m not familiar with the current models. How is the printer attached? (RS-232, USB, ethernet,…) What is ‘checkhealthtest’? Did you configure the printer via YaST (or CUPS web interface) first? Drivers?

the printer is attached to the pc via a usb connection and to the cashdrawer via a serial connection, but both use serial ports. checkhealthtest is a program you run to check if the device(s) are working properly and the drivers are RXTXComm drivers (I’ll have to make sure about the full name though). and I configured the printer via the command line and whatever gui interface(s) the epson adk program provided…

On 2011-11-07 21:16, mschmulian wrote:
>
> the printer is attached to the pc via a usb connection and to the
> cashdrawer via a serial connection, but both use serial ports.
> checkhealthtest is a program you run to check if the device(s) are
> working properly and the drivers are RXTXComm drivers (I’ll have to make
> sure about the full name though). and I configured the printer via the
> command line and whatever gui interface(s) the epson adk program
> provided…

So, you are using very specific software and hardware.
I doubt we can help :-?

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

You might be best taking this issue to Epson. (It does sound like a software issue).