Endless Boot Loop in openSUSE Tumbleweed on Surface Pro 9

So, I had some problems with the installation of leap (most likely hardware issues) so I switched to tumbleweed and the installation was flawless. However, issues came afterwards.

I reserved 50GB of space in my disk and I set that to be the operating system, then I also mounted the windows EFI boot loader. However when I complete the installation and get to the openSUSE grub screen and I select openSUSE the system seems to do a very quick restart or something and I just get redirected again to the same screen no matter how many times. I have also tried all the other alternative boot options that there is but all lead to the same.

I don’t know how important this is but in the EFI boot menu, the option of the openSUSE is openSUSE secureboot, however, I do not have secure boot enabled. Do you have any idea on how to fix it?

What I’ve tried:

I don’t know what else to try. It doesn’t seem like a hardware issue now. I have also thought that I might have to edit the boot option? But I don’t know what I should change for it in order to actually boot the OS and not the openSUSE grub screen.

SOLVED!!

Solution: Disable secure CORE in the UEFI menu and enabling “Internal Storage”

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.