Enable ALL special keys in my keyboard

Hello,
I have a Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A ().
The closest alternative that exists in the Keyboards list of KDE is either the Internet Keyboard, or the Multimedia Wireless.
What I want to do is to enable all the special keys of my keyboard and especially the following:

1. My Documents
  2. My Pictures
  3. My Music
  4. Messenger
  5. Log Off
  6. Sleep

From dmesg I can see the keycode(?) of the pressed key:

2689.622570] atkbd serio0: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x85 on isa0060/serio0).
 2689.622579] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes e005 <keycode>' to make it known.

I suppose that if I change the keycodes of a specific key in the /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/inet file, then I will be able to use that key. Is that correct?
Generally, I would like to explore some possibilities. Do you know where I can read the relevant documentation?

Thank you

input devices like keyboards and mice can be modified in xorg.conf.d files. But your approach may work also

Example? Link for further reading? I mean, it sounds like a better option (if those files are not dynamically generated from X).

Whatever approach you take to modifying the ways the keys work, don’t mix them. In earlier versions of KDE layouts it was possible to edit the keyboard layout (as it was a text file) in fairly obvious ways but I haven’t tried it for over a decade as there have always been enough layouts available for my needs.

System settings>Shortcuts and gestures>Global keyboard shortcuts>File offers the option to Import a scheme. It might be worth checking whether there is any KDE documentation on creating a scheme.

Lots of info on xorg.conf stuff just Google it. But it truly is black magic so you need to find solution. I don’t have the hardware so can not help.

here is place to start

http://www.x.org/archive/X11R7.5/doc/input/XKB-Config.html

but there are a lot of tutorials on xorg.conf. There seem to be no end to the options rotfl!