Eclipse Confirm Buttons not working in OpenSuse 11.2?

Hi all,

yesterday installed a fresh OpenSuse 11.2. Since then the confirm buttons (OK / YES / …) are not working, when clicking (mouse). An keyboard ENTER-press does work.

What is the problem? Is it an OpenSuse bug?

Help will be appreciated.

Remco

I have not experienced that issue myself, having just upgraded from 11.1 to 11.2 and using Eclipse Galileo.

Usually when I have such silly things with Eclipse, I’ll just re-install it, or install another copy into another directory. That usually clear it up.

Cheers,
LewsTherin

That’s what I also did, but it did not work. I am also using Galileo (Eclipse 3.5).

When I hit File -> New Project -> Java Project, I can’t press Next. This is at various places everywhere in Eclipse (for example font settings etc.).

I am using KDE4.3…

Did not try on other Java apps yet.

starting Eclipse with the following command fixed it for me:
> GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true eclipse

It works for me, Thanks gabrielalexm

Worked for me as well. Thank you!!

Just to piggy back this thread:

I can only find Eclipse 3.4 in the repo. Are you guys installing it directly into your ~/bin or what?

I need to run eclipse PDT which is in galileo (eclipse 3.5) and have also been having the button issue. I have been holding the mouse over the button I need and hitting <enter>

Incentively, I an having a similar issue with Firefox when it suggests web addresses via the address bar.

I think it a tad clunky to have to run eclipse as root to import new plug-ins.

If you guys have a better solution as well as an actual XHTML editor for eclipse I would appreciate it.

While I am at it: throw in a jQuery editor as well.

Seems the repository eclipse is always a version behind for key functionality. After downloading galileo directly from the eclipse.org site, exporting GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true fixed the issue for me. I switched to GNOME for 11.2 and it appears KDE and GNOME have the same issue. Switching to the sun jdk didn’t make a difference either.

This is an openSUSE 11.2 bug right?

No, it’s not just OpenSuSE. Same problem in Ubuntu. It’s an Eclipse bug (#291257).

For more info see the thread called “Eclipse doesn’t accept mouse clicks on buttons” in the “Pre-Release/Beta” forum.

Thanks for the GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true hint. I would have never guessed. I experienced the same problems described in the first post, and setting the variable fixed it.

Thanks a lot! It solved the same issue I had with eclipse 3.5 under openSUSE 11.2.

This has solved part of the problem for me. Most of the buttons and other controls that gave problems no longer do, but some still linger. For instance, when I try to add a new SVN repository, the URL field is greyed out.

Any suggestions?

My problem with the subclipse disabled url is unrelated to this post, as it’s a different issue. If anyone stumbles here in the future, here is a solution to this particular problem:

Eclipse Community Forums

Thank for @> GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true eclipse@ !!!

My suggestion would be to don’t bother with the repo version - I ran into numerous problems a couple of months ago (I needed the Java EE enabled, for instance).

My post describes how to get the download version of Eclipse working (not from the repo): How to get Eclipse 3.4 / JavaEE to run on 11.2 - openSUSE Forums