Eclipse 3.4 won't launch OpenSUSE 11.2

Hi everyone,

I had some trouble with hardware that forced me to Fedora, but with 11.2, I’m back to OpenSUSE and very pleased with it…except for Eclipse.

I installed Eclipse from the repositories, but it won’t launch for me. I just get this error: An error has occurred. See the log file
/home/dave/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.4.0_1543616141/configuration/1258156990966.log

http://www.thinkwelldesigns.com/Backups/1258149941880.txt

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled several times, with no effect. :frowning:

I’ve tried to do some reading on this error, but it’s a bit out of my class. Any help for me? Here is a link to my log file.

I would have hoped that things would work out of the box since it was in the official repositories. Apparently not, however.

TIA,

Dave

What does your java -version say?

If it says OpenJDK you might want to give the “real” Sun full kit a shot, as root:

zypper in java-1_6_0-sun java-1_6_0-sun-devel
then
update-alternatives --config java
and choose the Sun version, not the OpenJDK.

Logout, login and re-try Eclipse.

Hi,

If you have not had any luck yet, you could try downloading Eclipse from its website, and running it. Also, I assume you have JDK (sun-java6 works for me) installed.

What I usually do is downloading JDK from SUN’s website and the same with Eclipse (Eclipse.org home). Right now under 11.2 I have no problem at all.

Bests.

Problem might be the old Eclipse version. Current version is 3.5.1.
I’d try downloading that from eclipse.org
I’m running Eclipse 3.6 Milestone 3 with openJDK from the repositories and it works fine for me.

In case you have problems with the buttons, I’d try to do this:

export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true

if you GTK version is greater than 2.17 (which it should be with 11.2)

Hi
with the current:
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Build id: 20090920-1017

and java-1.6_0-sun
also gdb 6.8 that comes default with opensuse 11.2

I cannot debug!
What to do?
Many thanks
Michael
PS: I could debug in 11.1!

seems ok after:
export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true
and chmod all files. I’ll try later

Now i get: ApplicationName/Debug does not exist

but of course it does. Can’t find this…where should I correct this?
Many thanks
Michael

Well, I was using JDK but switching to the Sun version didn’t correct me issue.

How do you install the current version of Eclipse.org and have the Eclipse icon show up in the Lancelot launcher?

Lancelot? You could maybe add it manually in the menu?
You don’t need to install eclipse simply extract and execute.

Foo/Debug does not exist. Any help for this. Changing paths etc. in debug config. no luck so far.

Cheers Michael

Looks like a classpath issue rather than anything else. Ensure that the environment variables CLASSPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are not set.