dvd drives not accessible in opensuse12.3

Friday May 20,2016

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have a dual boot assembled machine with windows 7 professiona O.S., and Open Suse12.3 linux O.S. In Opensuse12.3 I am uanable to use my dvd drives(2 drives). In windows I can use the dvd drives. There is no information in Open Suse for this. Open Suse is my default O.S. Here when I insert a cd/dvd I get a message 'Disk not in the drive, whereas in windows I can easily read the disks. In opensuse12.3 in kdeinfocentre the drives are shown to be connected to scsi3 sci4 respectively. Following is my machines configuration:
1)Intel P4 3.50 GHZ(I7-3770K) CPU
2) ASUS P8Z77-VLX Motherboard
3)16 GB DDR-3 RAM
4) PCIEXPRESS ZOTAC 1GB Graphic Card
5) LG DVD24X WRITER
6) 500GB HDD FOR WINDOWS7 O.S.
7) 500GB HDD FOR OPEN SUSE 12.3.

Regards
rss1936

be more precise are you having hardware issues in which case this is the wrong place to ask try the hardware forum
https://forums.opensuse.org/forumdisplay.php/672-Hardware

or you are unable to play css encrypted dvd’s in which case you need libdvdcss2 and ffmpeg from packman read about that here
http://opensuse-guide.org/codecs.php

ps. what desktop are you using?
is it kde4?
when I use to insert a disk in 12.3 kde4 informed me about it and gave me a few options depending of the content of the DVD/CD (browse files with dolphin or play music with amarok or burn a disk with k3b etc)
if you are using kde4 or gnome you probably broke something, I have no idea what.
as that is an old release the only thing I can suggest is try a fresh new user account, if that does not work reinstall a newer supported version.

did 12.3 actually support your DVD drives and something broke as it is quite old or is this a new install?
see if your user is a member of the hal or hardware groups (you can do this in yast), most newer desktops automatically mount dvd drives, only in console mode or some ancient desktops you need to mount your dvd manually with the mount command

mount /dev/your_DVD_drive /mount_point