duo core quad installation

Evening all!

Before I go ahead and start a new SusE11 installation on a brand new machine with a duo core quad processor I just thought I’d check to see if there are any issues that I should be aware of!

Will it work being the obvious one?

Vista is currently on the HD, I want to overwrite it. Any problems I might run into?

Thanks in advance!!

The processor will work perfectly, processor incompatibilities are incredibly rare. It is a 64-bit processor and so you can run 64bit Linux if you’d like. You’ll probably find Linux/openSUSE takes advantage of the 64bit and quad core better than Windows does :slight_smile:

If you are ready to completely overwrite your Vista partitions, shouldn’t be a problem. Just make sure to pay attention to the partitioner and bootloader setup and ensure that they are satisfactory before pressing the final ‘OK’.

Thanks, that’s what I wanted to hear. I had been stuck on Suse9 for a while and then moved over to that other OS for the other-half’s convenience. Slightly rusty. Won’t take me long to get up to speed again. :wink:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I run SLES and SLED on quad-core boxes (based on the 10.x code) and have
no problems at all. The 64-bit version of SLED 10 SP2 on my laptop
(only a year old) is solid. 64-bit is definitely where I’ll be staying
from now on.

Good luck.

brianv5 wrote:
> Thanks, that’s what I wanted to hear. I had been stuck on Suse9 for a
> while and then moved over to that other OS for the other-half’s
> convenience. Slightly rusty. Won’t take me long to get up to speed
> again. :wink:
>
>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFJL3oz3s42bA80+9kRAoppAJ0WW/Ryk1o8Iiu2BRHRn+r/0bd4FQCfT+rQ
n9+TZcl2ZOYWqGuUk4tASfg=
=B8m4
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Just popped in to say “all went well” and “thanks”. nvidia -xconfig worked perefectly too. TY!! I’ll stick with 32bit for the moment, but I’ve an excuse to buy another machine next year! rotfl!