Dual Monitor to Single Monitor on Mac Book Pro

Hi,

I have a dual boot (Mac OS X and Suse 11) on my Mac Book Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo).

I had configured a second Apple Cinema display in twin view mode on Suse at my office. I had configured it like, Apple Cinema display to the Left of Laptop display. So, the K-menu would come on the left hand corner of Cinema display and the tray icons come on the right had corner of the laptop display. Now, I came home and started Suse, I dont get the k-menu on my laptop screen. I can only see the tray icons. I cant right click as there is no right click button macs. And, I havent enabled 3-button mouse enabled so no F12 for right click. :frowning: Cant edit xorg.conf as I cant run konsole. Alt+F2 doesnt bring up the run command (or atleast I cant see it on my laptop screen. It could be on the other screen which is not connected). I think I am pretty much stuck until I get to office on Monday, unless you guys suggest me something.

Regards,
Shaz.

Hi
Get to a console ctrl+alt+F1 and re configure xorg.conf manually to
set to the right or via sax2 (make a backup first!).

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.0 x86 Kernel 2.6.25.18-0.2-default
up 5:46, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.08
GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 177.80

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for quick reply.
I tried Ctrl + Alt (option key) + fn+F2 but it doesnt bring up the text screen. :frowning:
I guess the Alt key of my Apple key board needs extra configuration to work.

Regs,
Shaz.

Hi
OK, do you get a grub style menu at boot? If so add the option 3 (just
the number) so it will start at console login. Or try
alt+ctrl+backspace twice to kill the X session.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.0 x86 Kernel 2.6.25.18-0.2-default
up 6:04, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.03, 0.05
GPU GeForce 6600 TE/6200 TE - Driver Version: 177.80

Was able to get the run command… the Alt button is invoked by pressing the Apple (command) button. lol…
Things are good now. Thanks everybody for the help.

One question thought. Cant suse autodetect and change the config when the second monitor is unplugged??

You could create 2 different profiles - Home, Office - using SCPM. When openSUSE boots, you can select the profile by pressing F3 on the GRUB screen.