Dual booting partitions questions

I have windows 7 in partition C. I want to install openSUSE to dual boot with windows. The disk has 2 more partitions D and E. D is empty and the size is about 292GB.
How many partitions should I make in D? What size should they have? What should I install in each partition? What should I do to dual boot?
Thank you!

On 2012-10-12 11:26, hariskar wrote:
>
> I have windows 7 in partition C. I want to install openSUSE to dual boot
> with windows. The disk has 2 more partitions D and E. D is empty and the
> size is about 292GB.
> How many partitions should I make in D? What size should they have?
> What should I install in each partition? What should I do to dual boot?
> Thank you!

Just remove the partitions you do not want (D?) and leave the installer free space to do its work.
You need at least one primary partition free.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” (Minas Tirith))

The Drive letters C, D & E are assigned by Windows and not used by openSUSE. openSUSE requires free disk space to install and can not use existing Windows NTFS or FAT type partitions for its installation, though it can read and write to existing ones later after it gets installed. Your best bet is to shrink or remove any partitions trying to create free disk space you are not using, making sure to back up any critical data from Windows before you take any other action. I have an article you can read about just what openSUSE requires in the way of partitions when it gets installed.

http://forums.opensuse.org/content/111-partitioning-hard-disk-during-install.html

Thank You,