Drives not seen by SUSE 12.1 during Install

I am having a slight issue with trying to install the new 12.1 version of openSUSE and wondering if anyone could give me a little guidance. I am installing the OS on a Proliant DL380 G4 my drive setup is as follows.

2-36.4 GB Mirrored drives this is where I am installing the swap partition and root partition
4-146.8 GB RAID 5 drives this is where I am placing the /home folder

Now the HP RAID configuration utility creates the 2 RAIDs with out a problem but when I try to install the OS and looks for the available drives it sees none. Tried several different ways of trying to install even just using the mirrored drives and this would work as far as installing but when the OS tried to take over it would fail claiming it could not see the partition.

Thinking there was an issue with the server I tried to install NetWare 6.5 OS which went OK and then finally went and installed openSUSE 11.4 the 64-bit version and right now it is up and running. I cannot think of what else to do can anyone shed a little light on this as this is really weird to me any help would be greatly appreciated.

So it is curious that openSUSE 11.4 installs while 12.1 does not, but openSUSE 11.4 is still supported and will be until September this year when openSUSE 12.2 will already be out. SO, my suggestion is to wait until after the release of openSUSE 12.2 and try again as you are OK for now.

Thank You,

On 2012-03-30 00:46, jdmcdaniel3 wrote:

> So it is curious that openSUSE 11.4 installs while 12.1 does not, but
> openSUSE 11.4 is still supported and will be until September this year
> when openSUSE 12.2 will already be out. SO, my suggestion is to wait
> until after the release of openSUSE 12.2 and try again as you are OK for
> now.

I have a vague recollection of a bug in 12.1 related to raid. :-?

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

Thanks guys I thought it was a bug but wasn’t sure will wait for 12.2 and let you know the results. Sorry for the long delay a little busy with a thing called life.

Hey no problems emagdalena and we do hope it all works out for you. By the way, your Linux Avatar is mighty cute. :slight_smile:

Thank You,