Drag and Drop into Chrome Web App not working

I have 42.1/KDE installed on my Laptop, Plasma 5.5.

I have a Web application, hosted on Chrome, that expects input files from my system to be placed into the App via drag and drop.
That is the only way to do it (by design).
I find dragging a text file from Dolphin into the app does noting, a slight pause, no messages, just nothing happens.

I tried similarly to drag the text file onto the kwrite icon in my desktop folder with similar lack of success.

Is drag and drop broken here at the moment?
Known issue, or do I need to launch a bug?

This is true for me as well.

If the item(s) you want to drag into a Chrome window is an image file (JPG, PNG, etc), you can use Gwenview’s “file browser” and drag one or more images into the Chrome window successfully. Somehow Gwenview’s drag and drop functionality works, while Dolphin’s does not.

=====
Repository: openSUSE-Leap-42.1-Oss
Name: gwenview
Version: 4.14.3-4.3
Arch: x86_64
Vendor: openSUSE

Repository: google-chrome
Name: google-chrome-stable
Version: 51.0.2704.106-1
Arch: x86_64
Vendor: Google Inc.

Thanks for the observation - perhaps my issue is Dolphin.
The App of interest in my case is a browser based CNC CAM window (Chilipeppr), the only way to bring in a Gcode file is to drag in onto Chilipeppr.

Perhaps I’ll experiment with another file manager.

I just discovered that Konqueror works as a drag-and-drop source, too.

It has been many months and numerous downloads for Leap 42.1 since I posted this issue.

I experimented, and found that Indeed Konqueror Version 4.14.21 properly interfaced to my Chrome Chilipeppr application via drag and drop.

So I decided to retest Dolphin, now version 16.04.2 (KDE Frameworks 5.23.0 and Qt 5.6.1)and find that it is working as well. The Dolphin to Chrome Drag and Drop interface is now working properly as well.

I appreciate the additional information you’ve given. It appears to me that Leap 42.1 will have to live with the bug as it currently remains on Qt 5.5.1 at the time of this writing. Sadly the Qt bug status states the fix is at 5.6.1.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=278236
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-45812

If you are a bit adventuresome, I find the KF5.23.0/Plasma 5.6.90/Qt 5.6.1 to be quite stable, a bit raw sometimes,
but generally good to go with the bugs disappearing rapidly.