I have a vserver with a company called domain-city for while now. I have my domain(s) with them as well.
I’m now moving over to a linode (Linode - Xen VPS Hosting) but they don’t do domains/DNS it seems.
So, I’m looking for a place to transfer my domains over to & was hoping for some suggestions from more knowledgeable peeps than I.
I need it to do:
- nameservers (obviously, for name resolution)
- be able to forward mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to my gmail account, or to my postfix/imap on the linode (more than one @mydomain.com email)
- smtp/MX records (so I can send email via my postfix on the linode)
- subdomains, like home.mydomain.com (I assume part of nameservers, but I don’t know…)
- some kind of dynamic dns would be nice (I don’t currently use it, but I’m looking into trying it)
Not too expensive, either for renewing domains or for hosting them for me. It’s only a personal domain
Does anyone know a decent provider, and more importantly what services I need to purchase from them?