Distrobox: archlinux not working

Hi,
I’m using distrobox with podman. When I create and enter a container using distrobox create --name arch --image archlinux, I try to use pacman but I get this error:

pacman: /usr/lib/libssl.so.3: version `OPENSSL_3.3.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4)

Searching online I found this post, but its solution didn’t work for me.
Creating and using other distro containers works just fine (eg. Ubuntu).

Thank you in advance for any help!

If you’re trying to run pacman inside the container (ie, after you run distrobox enter arch), then the issue is inside the container image itself - so you’d have to ask whomever created the image for assistance with that issue.

It does seem something’s not working in the image, though, as when I run distrobox enter arch, it hangs up at Starting container... and never finishes.

ETA: Looking at the logs, during the package installation, it is having the same issue with missing OPENSSL_3.3.0 - definitely something wrong in the image.

Thank you very much! I installed archlinux-toolbox and it worked just fine.

1 Like

Hello! I’m having the same issue. The Arch box I tested a few weeks ago was fine but I can’t get any working now even with older docker images.

Did you install archliux-toolbox using these instructions? I was able to build the image but not able to run it.

Hi! I looked into this list of community images and found Archlinux (toolbox).
So I did:

distrobox create --name arch --pull -i quay.io/toolbx/arch-toolbox:latest
distrobox enter arch

Hope this helps.

Oh I see. This worked for me, thank you! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.