Display Issue

Hi! I’m a first time forum user, so I apologize if I made any mistakes in describing my issues/where I posted

I’m using a Lenovo T530 with openSUSE 13.2 (Kernel 3.16.7-21) I’m using the Nvidia card on it (I believe it’s a 530m)

When I’m in my office, I use a Lenovo docking station to connect to my dual monitor setup and essentially use my laptop as a desktop. When I’m on the go I just use the laptop screen.

Using these two different configurations has always been something of a headache, every time I switch I find myself having to go into the display options to change the active monitors (The laptop only allows two monitors to be used at once)

However, today I encountered a serious issue, which I believe is likely configuration related. After pulling my laptop out of the dock, the screen went black. I can switch to another TTY, but when I start up the laptop, I can get as far as logging in, and then the screen always goes black.

Where it gets weird is that the laptop works fine plugged into the dock (still using the laptop display). I can boot into safe mode and everything works fine either way.

I’m using the most up-to-date Nvidia driver (I have optimus turned off).

Thank you in advance for any help you could give!