"Discourse" forum

Awful.

Infinite page length, the bane of Facebook, a monster RAM gobbler.

Much too much whitespace/padding

Crashed SeaMonkey trying to view page source.

Great feature of old software missing: genuine timestamps in threads page that don’t require hovering to see date or time.

Horrible new feature: un-maxed input window extends below the screen, with a height of only ~20% of entire window.

Space wasted displaying formatted output instead of a nice ample input window, that when hidden, doesn’t expand input window to window width.

I’m getting used to it.

I have not tried examining page source.

Yes, I would prefer less white space. I’m not seeing that the input window “extends below the screen” (using “firefox” here). And I like that formatted output window.

OP was a draft for creating https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/attachment.cgi?id=863567 that somehow escaped into the wild without any intentional action on my part. Learning how to use this place takes a lot of time and effort. Too many symbols. Too few words. Too much hovering required to acquire available info. I detest agos, want to see dates & times in nice sized black text automatically, without any physical action, not the browser’s hovering mousetype after creating a hover state.