Digikam - bad updates

On my 13.1/KDE 4.12.0 system, I received two Digikam updates today (Jan 14, 2014) from the KDE 4.12 Extras repo.
The first download, version 3.5.0-2.14 resulted in broken Digikam Editor - most menues are blank or missing key sub-menu items…
Later in the day, received ver 3.5.0-2.15, which did not seem to fix anything.

Not sure what is going on, but I reverted to Digikam 3.5.0-4.1 from the OSS repo and all seems back to normal, or should I limit that to the editor seems to be functioning again.

Version of packages between the OSS and Upstream repos is really getting confusing.

I don’t know if I moved to a later build or an earlier build, but for the moment , it works better.


Upon further use of version 3.5.0-4.1, I find the resize tool (and others) missing from the main window.

I have already asked for how-to-fix guidance on the Digikam forum.

It would appear that updated digikam packages built for KDE4.12.1 made it to the KDE upstream Extras repo before the KDE 4.12.1 load to the upstream repo.

If I had started digikam from the CLI, I would have seen the errors stream by.

Now that I am running KDE 4.12.1, digikam is all well again.