Dell inspiron N 3442 laptop hardware isssue. touchpad/trackpad & wifi not working

touchpad/trackpad & the wifi not working starting from OpenSuse installation.
the mouse cursor is completely unresponsive & only Ethernet controller is shown in Networks, though I do know the wifi chip model, it’s a BCM43142

This requires wired internet for a few moments so you can download the drivers:

YAST -> Software -> Software Repositories -> Add -> Community Repositories -> Add a checkmark to Packman -> OK -> Finish.
YAST -> Software -> Software Management -> Search for broadcom-wl-kmp-desktop, checkmark it (not the debuginfo) -> Accept -> Let it install -> Reboot.

how am I suppose to do that during installation!? :confused:

You don’t, you do it after you’ve installed the OS. That’s why I said you need wired internet for it to work.

As for the touchpad, I don’t have a suggestion - however an external usb mouse might work?

For the touchpad, the i2c_hid module should be included in the kernel.
You will have to create a file named /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist_i2c_hid.conf.

Next, blacklist “i2c hid” module (without the quotes). Also check that the synaptiks touchpad package has been installed.

Open konsole and type “su -” (without the quotes) followed by your password. Copy and paste the line below and press the <enter> key.

echo "blacklist i2c_hid" > /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist_i2c_hid.conf

Check the file for the blacklist i2c_hid entry. Exit konsole and restart your laptop.