Dell Inspiron Duo 1090 - eGalax TouchScreen D-WAV Scientific USB TouchController

Hi,

i tried to install OpenSuSE 11.4 x64 on my Netbook.

During installation-boot i continuously moved my finger over the eGalax TouchScreen und it work nearly perfect in installation routine.

After the first boot (continuously moving finger during boot) into kde / gnome it also worked.

After having applied the updates for OpenSuSE and restarted this system, i forgot to wave my finger - the touchscreen doesnt work anymore.

Reference-Threads:
[1] Touchscreen won’t work (Touchscreen won’t work)
[2] openSUSE 11.3 and eGalax TouchScreen (openSUSE 11.3 and eGalax TouchScreen)
[3] 11.04 - cannot calibrate touchscreen - Ask Ubuntu - Stack Exchange
[4] [SOLVED] 11.04 Touchscreen calibration [Archive] - Ubuntu Forums](http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1755896.html)
[5] How to configure the Linux kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen - a great resource for How To’s from Wikia
[6] [Bug 679678] no touchscreen calibration tool available](http://lists.suse.com/opensuse-bugs/2011-03/msg03091.html)
[7] Touchscreen under OpenSuSE 10.3 (Touchscreen under OpenSuSE 10.3)
[8] Problem Recompile Kernel for TouchScreen eGalax (Problem Recompile Kernel for TouchScreen eGalax)

related to [4]
Tool evtest figured out that horizontal moving is axis Z (0…4095) and that vertical moving is axis Rx (0…4095).
So OpenSuSE is recognizing the move of my finger, but mouse-pointer is only jittering in the left upper edge. If you “klick” with your finger on the touchscreen it is also recognizes it, you will see it if you opened a window at fullscreen.

In the end i think it is a problem with the kernel, but i dont´t know which kernel-version is on the download dvd and if it is updated with package(k)it or zypper.

Is there anyone who can validate my experience?

A located method of resolution maybe is to downgrade the kernel to that whitch is burnd to the download-dvd-version?

Do anyone know a solution?

best regards

(Sorry for my poor english)

I found the following link. I wonder if this might be something you are looking for?

eGalax_eMPIA Technology Inc. TouchKit Linux Driver

Thank You,

this one was in also in one of the listed links.

i think this so old that it has been inplemented in “today´s”-kernel

thx…

So you can always update your kernel if you like and see if that helps. In that link I provided I saw an April update for this year to the 32 bit driver, so it does not seem that old. The kerenl 3.0 just came out yesterday. Here is a link on compiling your own kernel if you want to try that.

S.A.K.C. - SUSE Automated Kernel Compiler - Version 2.50 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Thank You,

solution - 64bit version of opensuse 11.4
solution for 32bit version of opensuse 11.4 should be the same, besides the file you need to download and the directories you are workin´with till the install progress

1. driver download eGalax_eMPIA Technology Inc. TouchKit Linux Driver - thx to jdmcdaniel3
    extracting

2. “sudo sh setup.sh” - without "

3. choose “3” for USB when asked

steps 4 till 6 are for the 64bit version, and may not be necessary in 32bit version of opensuse 11.4
(in directory /usr/local/eGalaxTouch64/ are more config-files if it does´t work with 50-egalax.conf trie another one…)

1. sudo cp /usr/local/eGalaxTouch64/Rule/50-egalax.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

2. cd /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

3. rm 52-egalax.conf

4. restart

5. sudo eGalaxTouch

6. do the 20+ point linearization

but for now ther so no two finger support

therefore you need twofing: Useful - Work - philmerk.de

but i´m not even been able to “make” the package…

thx to my brother without him, there would be so much time wated…

excuse my poor english :wink:

Hi
twofing should be here soon;
software.opensuse.org: Search Results

You might need to tweak the udev rule…

another thread:
http://forums.opensuse.org/forums/english/get-technical-help-here/laptop/456805-opensuse-11-4-dell-inspiron-duo.html

with twofing installed - udev at boot:
“udevd[389]: BUS= will be removed in future udev version, please use SUBSYSTEM= to match event device, or SUBSYSTEMS= to match parent device, in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-touchscreen-egalax.rules:1” – without "
udevd[389]: SYSFS{}= will be rem oved in future udev version, please use ATTR{}= to match event device, or ATTRS{}= to match parent device, in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-touchscreen-egalax.rules:1 – without "

“[LEFT]/usr/sbin/hwinfo --usb”:

[/LEFT]

09: USB 00.0: 10503 USB Mouse
[Created at usb.122]
Unique ID: PYMB.mSDZBtAPav1
Parent ID: zPk0.RTX9xWW_uz4
SysFS ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.2/usb4/4-1/4-1:1.0
SysFS BusID: 4-1:1.0
Hardware Class: mouse
Model: “D-WAV Scientific USB TouchController”
Hotplug: USB
Vendor: usb 0x0eef “D-WAV Scientific Co., Ltd”
Device: usb 0x725e “USB TouchController”
Revision: “10.04”
Compatible to: int 0x0210 0x0002
Driver: “usbhid”
Driver Modules: “usbhid”
Device File: /dev/input/mice (/dev/input/mouse1)
Device Files: /dev/input/mice, /dev/input/mouse1, /dev/input/event6, /dev/input/by-id/usb-eGalax_Inc._USB_TouchController-event-mouse, /dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:00:1d.2-usb-0:1:1.0-event-mouse, /dev/input/by-id/usb-eGalax_Inc._USB_TouchController-mouse, /dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:00:1d.2-usb-0:1:1.0-mouse
Device Number: char 13:63 (char 13:33)
Speed: 12 Mbps
Module Alias: “usb:v0EEFp725Ed1004dc00dsc00dp00ic03isc01ip02”
Driver Info #0:
Buttons: 2
Wheels: 0
XFree86 Protocol: explorerps/2
GPM Protocol: exps2
Config Status: cfg=new, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown
Attached to: #5 (Hub)

but i dont know what to put in there…

“sudo evtest /dev/input/event6”

Input driver version is 1.0.1
Input device ID: bus 0x3 vendor 0xeef product 0x725e version 0x210
Input device name: “eGalax Inc. USB TouchController”
Supported events:
Event type 0 (Sync)
Event type 1 (Key)
Event code 256 (Btn0)
Event code 272 (LeftBtn)
Event code 273 (RightBtn)
Event code 320 (ToolPen)
Event code 325 (ToolFinger)
Event code 330 (Touch)
Event type 3 (Absolute)
Event code 0 (X)
Value 0
Min 0
Max 32767
Event code 1 (Y)
Value 0
Min 0
Max 32767
Event code 2 (Z)
Value 2288
Min 0
Max 4095
Event code 3 (Rx)
Value 1860
Min 0
Max 4095
Event code 4 (Ry)
Value 0
Min 0
Max 4095
Event code 5 (Rz)
Value 0
Min 0
Max 4095
Event code 40 (Misc)
Value 0
Min 0
Max 16
Event type 4 (Misc)
Event code 4 (ScanCode)
Testing … (interrupt to exit)

testing works, but mouse only moves up to the top right edge

Hi
Edit the file and amend to;

SUBSYSTEM=="usb",ACTION=="add",KERNEL=="event*",SYSFS{idProduct}=="725e",SYMLINK+="twofingtouch",RUN+="/bin/chmod a+r /dev/twofingtouch"

this line still remains:

udevd[389]: SYSFS{}= will be rem oved in future udev version, please use ATTR{}= to match event device, or ATTRS{}= to match parent device, in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-touchscreen-egalax.rules:1

mouse moves to the top right corner

interesting file: 69-touchscreen.rules

Evtouch udev.rules

Because Evtouch can’t autoprobe devices we assume that we only

Have one device so we can make it like this :stuck_out_tongue:

List here your touchscreen, check if it works and send it to lifebook_AT_conan_DOT_de

Name can be found in /proc/bus/input/devices (‘cat /proc/bus/input/devices’)

Generic ts-adc touchscreen modules

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{name}==“ts-adc”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

These are the touchscreens supported by kernel’s “usbtouchscreen” module

eGalax Inc. USB TouchController)

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“3823”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0001”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“3823”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0002”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0123”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0001”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0123”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0001”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0eef”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0001”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0eef”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0002”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“1234”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0001”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“1234”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0002”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

eTurboTouch

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“1234”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“5678”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

PanJit Touchset

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“134C”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0001”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

PanJit Touchset

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“134C”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0002”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

PanJit Touchset

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“134C”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0003”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

PanJit Touchset

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“134C”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0004”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

PanJit Touchset

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“134C”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0005”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

3M Microtouch EX II

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0596”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0001”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

ITM Touchscreens

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0403”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“F9E9”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

Gunze AHL61

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0637”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0001”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

DMC TSC-10/25

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0AFA”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“03E8”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

Lifebook B-Series

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{name}==“LBPS/2 Fujitsu Lifebook TouchScreen”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

Elo Touchscreen

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“04e7”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“0020”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

TSC-10

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{name}==“TSC-10 DM TSC-10 DM”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

IDEACO IDC 6680 Touchscreen

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“1cb6”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“6680”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

Hi
So change the 70-rule to use ATTRS{idProduct} else try adding the rule
in the 69-rule file (and/or move this file temporarily).

You can also use the udevadm monitor command to see what it's doing.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 3.0.31-0.9-default
up 12:00, 3 users, load average: 0.59, 0.53, 0.44
CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU

does anyone know with properties, which are set, while installing OpenSuSE 11.4, because when you touch the screen and move it while startup of installation, the finger support works perfectly. after kernel update the multi- and onetouch-support is gone…

After adding

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, SYSFS{idProduct}==“725e”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“725e”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”
to the69-…rules file, the error message shows udevd[403] shows up twice on boot.
Ths means during bootup the systems checks both files…

added: usbhid.quirks=0xeef:0x725e:0x40 to " /boot/grub/grub.cfg "
Source: " Linux on a Dell Inspiron Duo - Linux on a Dell Inspiron Duo "

now looks like this:
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.37.6-0.20-desktop root=/dev/vg00/OpenSuSERoot resume=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-Hitachi_HTS723232A7A364_E3834063G28BGA-part6 splash=silent quiet showopts usbhid.quirks=0xeef:0x725e:0x40 vga=0x317

removed all lines in: " /etc/udev/rules.d/70-touchscreen-egalax.conf " and added following two lines in " /etc/udev/rules.d/69-touchscreen.conf ":

Gohan eGalax Inc. USB TouchController)KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0eef”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“725e”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”

Vendor ID 0eef and Product ID 725e form cat /proc/bus/input/devices
eGalax driver ist not installed
twofing-touch package 0.0.9b is installed

mistakes: /boot/grub/grub.cfg -> /boot/grub/menu.lst

Gohan eGalax Inc. USB TouchController

KERNEL==“event*”, SUBSYSTEM==“input”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“0eef”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“725e”, SYMLINK+=“input/evtouch_event”