I am having this weird problem regarding Dbus. It all started after I tried to install wine to run IE(my bad). Problems that I have,
- while shuttin down, it hangs
- while trying to open DVD, it complains about message can not go through Dbus or similar
- while trying to install software, yast hangs
Now I am pretty sure, my DBus message is messed up. Few things I tried to re-install Dbus.
- Fired up yast and tried to install Dbus, it hangs
- Tried to use zypper but it hangs also probably it is trying to access opensuse DVD
- Tried to re-install through rpm -i, it hangs, i guess because of DVD access
- I booted into failsafe, but it does not load any rpm and stuffs
- Tried to fix throuh DVD repair install option, it didn’t do anything
What can i do now. Please help.
all I need is a way to re-install DBus. I don’t want to reinstall OS anymore which I already did for some other errors.
I can not believe there is no update to this thread. I am sure there is a way to re-install Dbus. I might just have to re-install OS again. ****…