D-link DWA-142 not working in 11.0

I’m struggling to get my D-link DWA-142 Wireless USB card to work in openSUSE 11.0. I have installed ndiswrapper and ndisgtk and I used the drivers v1.30(*.inf, *.cat, *.sys) in my C:\Windows… folder to install the drivers. After looking in Yast it seams that the hardware are OK but there is no sign of life from the card. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Post the output of ‘uname -a’, iwconfig, ‘iwlist scan’, route,
and ‘ndiswrapper -l’, and we’ll have a clue what to suggest next.

OK, here is my output of those commands:

daniel@linux-5xgs:~> uname -a
Linux linux-5xgs #1 SMP 2008-06-07 01:55:22 +0200 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

linux-5xgs:/home/daniel # iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:off/any
Mode:Managed Channel:0 Access Point: Not-Associated
Bit Rate:1 Mb/s Sensitivity=-200 dBm
RTS thr=2346 B Fragment thr=2346 B
Encryption key:off
Power Management:off
Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

pan0 no wireless extensions.

linux-5xgs:/home/daniel # iwlist scan
lo Interface doesn’t support scanning.

eth0 Interface doesn’t support scanning.

wlan0 Scan completed :
Cell 01 - Address: 00:11:95:07:8C:F4
Protocol:IEEE 802.11g
Frequency:2.437 GHz (Channel 6)
Quality:50/100 Signal level:-64 dBm Noise level:-96 dBm
Encryption key:on
Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 11 Mb/s; 6 Mb/s
12 Mb/s; 24 Mb/s; 36 Mb/s; 9 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s
48 Mb/s; 54 Mb/s

pan0 Interface doesn’t support scanning.

linux-5xgs:/home/daniel # route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
loopback * U 0 0 0 lo

linux-5xgs:/home/daniel # ndiswrapper -l
netmw245 : driver installed
device (07D1:3B10) present

linux-5xgs:/home/daniel # ndiswrapper -v
utils version: ‘1.9’, utils version needed by module: ‘1.9’
module details:
filename: /lib/modules/
version: 1.52
vermagic: SMP mod_unload 586

I was able to solve this myself. I just changed from WEP to no security and connected with Knetworkmanager. Case closed.