Cyrillic in dolphin and Amarok opensuse 12.3

Sorry for spamming here in English but my Russian writing skills are continuing to diminish and therefor at least this way you understand what I am asking. I have a lot of Russian music and it is labeled in Cyrillic. No problem in 12.2 but in 12.3 I get only “gibberish”. Two possibilities: it is a problem of settings. In this case could anybody be so kind to educate me about the right settings to make (and where). b) it is a regression and therefor probably somebody has posted a bug report. с) I have to post a bug report Just to be clear, I post it here since in the English forum nobody would ever know or answer. So sorry for writing in English (no other intention). спасибо

Can you attach a screenshots?

See this bug, maybe this is it.

No, not really. I did put a screenshot. This is Пе́сни на́шего ве́ка Vol !..and before it was not a problem. I am puzzled.

SUSE Paste

even musicbrainz does not work in renaming…

It seems that your codepage has been changed. Can you show your “locale” output?
Little helpful links: Mojibake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Кракозябры — Википедия](Кракозябры#.D0.9F.D1.80.D0.B8.D0.BC.D0.B5.D1.80.D1.8B)



Как вариант можно использовать плееры, в которых есть настройка кодировки. Например DeadBeef, qmmp, Audacious
А еще правильнее будет преобразовать теги в UTF-8 с помощью какого-нибудь редактора тегов. Под Linux не знаю, а под Windows это Mp3tag должен уметь. Потому как UTF-8 должен нормально читаться везде.

Вообще кракозябры появляются в следствии нарушений стандарта. Их вообще-то быть не должно. В MP3 тегах ID3v1 разрешено использовать только латиницу, а в ID3v2 латиницу, UTF-8 и UTF-16, но криворукие рипперы пихают туда все подряд, в частности национальную кодировку windows-1251.
Если даже у вас итальянская локаль, то будь теги в UTF-8, русские символы нормально отобразились бы. Потому что кириллица присутствует в большинстве шрифтов ID3 (метаданные)
Поставьте русскую локаль ru.UTF-8 и патченный taglib. Может тогда все вышеперечисленное не потребуется.
Извиняюсь, что пишу на русском. Моих навыков недостаточно для письма на английском.

На сколько я понимаю, у человека не с тегами проблема. У него названия файлов на русском везде отображаются кракозябрами. Обратите внимание на то, что он упомянул про проблемы не только в Amarok, но и в Dolphin, к тому же название файла в кракозябрах хорошо видно на скриншоте в поле “Posizione:”. То есть как бы нет поддержки кодировки или может быть шрифта для отображения кириллических символов. Сам такое встречал довольно часто, когда дистрибутивы ещё на UTF-8 не перешли, да и в процессе перехода тоже, то есть лет так восемь назад.
Кстати в какой кодировке у вас теги уже без разницы ->

stakanov, where you store your music? It is ntfs-partition or anything else?

@onedirectionfan: goodness, I am the one to apologize not being any more able to write conveniently in Russian. What can I do about it, “once where warriors” I guess, but I promise, better Russian is on the list of “to do things”. And thank you for the info.

@xandry: I stored these files beforehand on containers that where NTFS encoded, when I did copy them here now, they came from EXT3. I do not possess and use Windows any more since 2003 but I use NTFS encoded USB-keys because of the 4 GB limit (iso) - and a lack of an alternative that win-machines can read. So they MAY have been passed by ntfs, but currently they are in EXT4.
Now the interesting question is: I have some of these files working well (see the one of Alsu), but these ones not. And they DID work well in 4.9.5.
Maybe this is a regression, if yes it would be nice to report, openSUSE should display all languages well, Russian, Arabic and Mandarine especially. If these files are damaged it would be good to know for me as well. I could try to substitute them (should still have the original disc). But as it is a lot of work, I would prefer to find out before I have to start over all the time.

Let us separate the issues:

  1. your ID3 tags are incorrectly displayed
  2. (possibly) corrupted mp3 files
  3. your filenames are incorrectly displayed

For the first issue I suppose you have ISO 8859-5 or similar encoded tags. This should be easily fixed with EasyTAG program. As for the integrity check for mp3 there’s another useful program: mp3diags. Use with care, it is really powerful. IIRC, both programs are available in Pacman.
If you’ll be able to fix ID3-tags, then renaming mp3 files based on tags will be a couple of simple clicks in EasyTAG.
Good luck!