Currently running 11.4 M3

Just installed from the Gnome Live CD >
From the Live Desktop (Just in case you were wondering)
This is a real installation not Virtual Box

Flawless from start to finish.

I too note LibreOffice (Novell version of OOffice)

So, how is it going? Smooth, choppy?

There is something new other than LO?

kde live cd works fine too. desktop effects were switched off but were fine once i installed the nvidia driver.

Same steps here: Gnome Live CD, installed from the Live Desktop, on a real platform. As posted elsewhere, uneventful install.

While the Intel GMA HD still presents the “black screen”, the new kernel seems to go farther, at least according to xorg.log.old. To wit, a boot without nomodeset presents the “green lizard on green screen” at 1024 x 768 (probably the GRUB VGA=0x317 specification), followed by the same screen at 1600 x 900, then a “black screen”. After re-booting, the xorg.log.old (I assume of the previous boot) shows that the “intel” driver IS selected, 1600 x 900 is the size, and, as far as the xorg.log shows, the display is functioning.

Question: Is this log worth sending anywhere ? There are some messages regarding the Synaptics touchpad, although I cannot say whether these messages are germane to the video problem(s).

As to the previously (11.4 M2) observed “choppiness”, particularly with the touchpad, M3 seems somewhat smoother, but not as smooth as 11.3. (Not a very precise measurement, just an observation).

Everything is very smooth and IMO you would easily pass this as release quality.
Currently doing a massive update from Factory and I just notice it’s downloaded everything first and then installing it.
But I just haven’t had much time to play yet.

This was interesting. Default install then updated at Factory repos

java-ca-certificates-1-8.1.noarch
java-1_6_0-sun-1.6.0.u22-2.4.i586

For me desktop effects was enabled
I installed kde pattern and effects was enabled there too.
Both function nicely
Though the gnome menu access to the effects settings is not working (I will be looking in to this)

KDE will still not mount partitions and throws up the policykit error.
I can’t figure out why this is the case, because I recently used PCLinux kde and it has no such issue.
SUSE’s Gnome of course has no problem here.

Using the gnome login manager I find I can’t just hit enter with my keyboard to activate the password login, I have to click on it with my mouse.

I get a policykit error message on logging out or shutting the p/c down but it is only occasional. Had the same with M1 and just re-installed all the policykit packages (from the 11.3 dvd).

All the packman rpm’s (for 11.3) installed fine and all multimedia is working fine.

Has anyone installed chromium? As when I tried yast wanted to remove libreoffice.

I wonder if the policykit issue on reboot happens if you had the error when trying to access a partition
ie: If during the session login you never tried accessing a partition that causes the error, you’ll not get the issue on reboot/shutdown.
Nothing added above oss/non-oss for me - yet anyway

I copied things over from various other hard disc drives and partitions within and didn’t have any problems - all mounted fine for me.

I have d/l the full dvd at work today and will do a fresh install tonight with that.

kde will not mount partitions that are not in fstab
Gnome works fine

Are you telling me, where you see in Dolphin ‘Places’ a partition Eg; 60GB HD
It mounts without the Policykit error?

yes - i also have win x/p on my p/c and have my data files on a separate (win fat232) partition, so I am constantly accessing files from there without any problems.

I noticed this back on Oct 19 with Milestone 2. I believe it’s a feature of zsync.

caf4926-wrote:

Are you telling me, where you see in Dolphin ‘Places’ a partition Eg; 60GB HD
It mounts without the Policykit error?

I’d like to know if anyone else has such luck

Or is it only a FAT32 partition?
What about ntfs, ext3/4

Anyone else seeing this directory
http://thumbnails25.imagebam.com/10615/aa081e106144064.jpg](http://www.imagebam.com/image/aa081e106144064)

yes ntfs partition is mounted and accessible for me.

Can you show me

cat /etc/fstab

Mine is

/dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST9160827AS_5RF16D1B-part5 swap                 swap       defaults              0 0
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST9160827AS_5RF16D1B-part8 /                    ext4       acl,user_xattr        1 1
proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0
sysfs                /sys                 sysfs      noauto                0 0
debugfs              /sys/kernel/debug    debugfs    noauto                0 0
devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0

I also Have

System: openSUSE 11.4 Milestone 3 of 6 (i586)
KDE: 4.5.3 (KDE 4.5.3)

If I want to try this milestone in vbox, which version do I use? Live CD? DVD?

/dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD6400AAKS-65A7B0_WD-WMASY1019668-part6 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD6400AAKS-65A7B0_WD-WMASY1019668-part7 / ext4 acl,user_xattr 1 1
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-Maxtor_6V160E0_V3035EFG-part1 /windows/C vfat users,gid=users,umask=0002,utf8=true 0 0
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD6400AAKS-65A7B0_WD-WMASY1019668-part1 /windows/D vfat users,gid=users,umask=0002,utf8=true 0 0
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-Maxtor_6V160E0_V3035EFG-part5 /windows/E vfat users,gid=users,umask=0002,utf8=true 0 0
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-Maxtor_6V160E0_V3035EFG-part6 /windows/F vfat users,gid=users,umask=0002,utf8=true 0 0
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD6400AAKS-65A7B0_WD-WMASY1019668-part5 /windows/G ntfs-3g users,gid=users,fmask=133,dmask=022,locale=en_GB.UTF-8 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs noauto 0 0
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs noauto 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0