cryptsetup bug gives false error message

Booting OpenSuSE 11.2 and putting in the password for an encrypted partition made in 10.3 I have been thrown by a false error message.
There is a bug in cryptsetup (think it’s been fixed in Debian) which gives a message something like:-
FATAL: Error inserting padlock_sha (…/padlock-sha.ko): no such device
This is pretty off-putting. At first I thought that I might have problems because the disk-by-id name is different, but both the new and old (10.3) names are listed in /dev/disk/by-id (at least I think this is the kludge that works).:sarcastic:
In fact, if I put in the correct password for the encrypted partition, there follows a briefly displayed and easily missed “keyslot x unlocked” type message and it is then mountable.
From dmesg, the error messages are:
Intel AES-NI instructions are not detected.
11.958501] padlock: VIA PadLock not detected.
12.636554] alg: No test for stdrng (krng)
12.639720] alg: No test for stdrng (ansi_cprng)
13.424626] padlock: VIA PadLock Hash Engine not detected.

Googling seems to indicate that the aes module was renamed to aes_generic in kernel
2.6.24. The same goes for des, sha1 and sha256 modules.

Here is the link:-
#464673 - cryptsetup seems to try to load some padlock modules - Debian Bug report logs](http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=464673)

But I also see Bug 519456 somewhere. The problem might not be noticed if the password is setup to be entered automatically on booting.