crosslink ad-hoc link-local connection via samba linux2vista

All openSUSE 11.2 x64 network connections work smoothly: ethernet via router, wireless ad-hoc on vista and samba on xp (file transfer and printing), but I cannot link-local with vista 32 home premium like I used to do with older versions of openSUSE (10.2). Both openSUSE 11.2 and Vista report successful connection via crosslinked ethernet cable (link-local) but samba does not connect to 169.254.6.146, 192.168.100.1 nor 192.168.2.1. I have no problem at all with samba via router (192.168.1.189) reaching a window$ xp machine, for file transferring and printing.
Details of ipconfig on Vista 32 report a certain IP but samba tells me it is unreachable. I think I’m doing everything I was used to do on openSUSE but maybe I forgot something.
Any kind of help would be sincerely appreciated. Thank you.

SOLVED!openSUSE 11.2 x64 connectivity to Vista 32 Home Premium via crosslink cable ad-hoc link-local using samba: as nautilus wouldn’t connect directly, I used “Traditional Main Menu” → “Places” → “Connect to Server…” → Chose “Window$ share”, filled up all form entries and that was it! Sustained 28 MB/s file transfer speed without the need of router or another storage medium. Kept the bookmark in nautilus for posterity and daily use, of course. Cheers!